Breakfast Options

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah. Low carb megastore is out of everything and amazon ones aren't quite right! Typical....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Carole T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hates it when Non-Diabetic ( not professional ) people tell me what i should be doing and what not to be doing
The pancakes are 1 gram of carbs per pancake so happy days .... And you can buy sugar free maple syrup on line i think its at amazon or try putting maple free syrup in google and it should give you choices where to get it .. good luck

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The pancakes are 1 gram of carbs per pancake so happy days .... And you can buy sugar free maple syrup on line i think its at amazon or try putting maple free syrup in google and it should give you choices where to get it .. good luck

Thanks, I'm going to give them a try tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes:
I have Quinoa most mornings, I make up a batch using 1 cupful Quinoa to 2 cupful of boiling water. Microwave for 10 minutes leave to cool and put in the fridge, the same as doing rice. I spoon what I need for breakfast into a bowl and heat in a microwave for 1 and a half minutes add Honey and Cinnamon to taste.
At first I made it with milk but found it does not make much difference to the texture.
Or you could add your yoghurt and berries and other favourite flavours.
Also great to use instead of rice with Chilli, Curry or Kedgeree .
I get mine from ASDA as it is cheaper than health food stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Well they weren't too bad.
A little on the eggy side and possibly could do with a spot more sweetener but another option.

Can anyone give me some advice on lower carb breakfast options?
I've been having porridge for a few months now and initially it seemed to work out ok but I seem to need more and more insulin for it.
I was going to try yoghurt and some berries to see how that goes but not sure how filling it would be.
I'm looking for ideas that would be quick to prepare as I don't have a lot of time in the morning.

I have type 2. I have purchased an Easy yo yogurt maker and make yogurt in that which will last quite a few days. I often have that with fresh seasonal fruits, pretty filling. Easy to make up. Basically easy as making a cup of coffee.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have type 2. I have purchased an Easy yo yogurt maker and make yogurt in that which will last quite a few days. I often have that with fresh seasonal fruits, pretty filling. Easy to make up. Basically easy as making a cup of coffee.

Yeah we use the Easy Yo makers as well.
Hadn't used it for some time until last week but just made some up and it is very tasty.