Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast mushrooms, poached egg turkey bacon
lunch deli hot sausage, slice ham and decaff soya latte
dinner gammon steak, half a sausage, tomato mushrooms and 3 potato wedges- cup of tea, sit down and then a peddle in 25 minutes. I'm beginning to wonder if I really do like potato that much after all ;-)

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream with 4 breakfast balls

L: well, I discovered some posts on here saying how well tolerated battered fish is, provided it comes from a chippy. Well, you know me, always up for a challenge/investigeration/blowout :writer: So when Mr B finished his shift today, it seemed only sensible to whisk him off to our local sit-in fish chip shop. I ordered a standard haddock, in batter, mushy peas and no chips. Then I filched 6 chips off Mr's plate, ate all the fish and the top batter, and about 1/3 of the peas. Forgot my meter, so only tested after. 1hr = 6.9 and 2hr = 7.0

* happy! happy! happy dance! *

It isn't that I want to eat fish chips much, it is that I can go there, with friends, or colleagues, and know that there is something that works for me on their very restricted menu.

:D:D:D

D: homemade burger, onion bhaji, and green beans. May have strawbsncream later

Reactions: 8 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perfect! I'm not sure how low carb cottage cheese but cheddar or Stilton or perhaps tuna and mayo would work well, also chilli beef

Good luck and report back and maybe trade some ideas with us :)

Sure will do. :)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria well done a test I might try sometime soon. You definitely have me grinning at your happiness lol

B - flack 9bar and a cup of tea
L - large beef tomatoe suffed with onions, olives some cucumber and cheese, grilled with cheese on top .....mmmmm and a little sour cream
D - 2 egg omelette with mushrooms, olives, cheese, leftover peas and runner beans... Which was yummy.

If I am hungry later might have a few salted peanuts as long as someone hides the packet afterwards

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B ... Cauliflower pancake, made with gram flour, soya flour and indian spices
L ... 9 bar and few pecans
D ... Few chips and another cauliflower pancake with side salad
Maybe strawberrys n cream laters :hungry:

Edit.... Throughout the morning I enjoyed a tall glass of homemade carrot, Apple, ginger, lemon and mint juice

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
brekky....................4x bacon rashers smoked + 2 eggs fried in a non stick pan without oil, butter whatever.
dinner....................1 x scotch egg (didn't read the info on the back about carbs until I was told on here to check the pkt) too late
tea...........................2 x 1/4 pounders grilled until they were 1/8 pounders, hand full of finely chopped lettuce, plain yoghurt with cayenne pepper mixed into it and a drizzle of lemon juice over the burgers. Similar to a shammy kebab. How healthy is that?

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
brekky....................4x bacon rashers smoked + 2 eggs fried in a non stick pan without oil, butter whatever.
dinner....................1 x scotch egg (didn't read the info on the back about carbs until I was told on here to check the pkt) too late
tea...........................2 x 1/4 pounders grilled until they were 1/8 pounders, hand full of finely chopped lettuce, plain yoghurt with cayenne pepper mixed into it and a drizzle of lemon juice over the burgers. Similar to a shammy kebab. How healthy is that?

Delish, except for a scary lack of butter, cream and cheese.
You're not doing low fat are you?
(she says in tones of horror!)

Ignore me.
Eat exactly the amount of fat you like.
But I will think you are mad, if you don't at least use some on your eggs! ;)

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Delish, except for a scary lack of butter, cream and cheese.
You're not doing low fat are you?
(she says in tones of horror!)

Ignore me.
Eat exactly the amount of fat you like.
But I will think you are mad, if you don't at least use some on you eggs! ;)

The reason I didn't use butter cream or cheese is because I can't get my head around the fact that these are actually very good for me now, where as before the diabetes thing it was a no no.................pile on the pounds thing, clog up the old arteries etc etc. I will learn in time.:D

Reactions: 5 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm surprised that people eat 9bars. I had a look at a pack today and each bat had quote a high sugar content!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm surprised that people eat 9bars. I had a look at a pack today and each bat had quote a high sugar content!

They don't spike me. I'm sure there's a complicated reason involving fibre, slow release carbs, yada yada, but I'm happy to live in ignorance - a 40g bar usually raises my BG by no more than 1-1.5mmol/l at any point. :D

I'd believe in The Cookie Monster if cookies did that!

Reactions: 6 people

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I've only just found this thread.
What a brilliant idea - especially for a relative newbie like me who is really struggling to think of things to eat!
Thank you guys ... I'm definitely not telling you what I ate today, as I fear it was good for losing weight, but not so good for a diabetic!
I'll get there - especially with all these ideas!
See you again soon!
Bee Gee

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Beegee ....if it had fat it was good !
You will find this thread very heloful ...I struggled with getting it right for a while but now seem to be losing weight as well as feeling good .

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

B: coffeencream with 4 breakfast balls

L: well, I discovered some posts on here saying how well tolerated battered fish is, provided it comes from a chippy. Well, you know me, always up for a challenge/investigeration/blowout :writer: So when Mr B finished his shift today, it seemed only sensible to whisk him off to our local sit-in fish chip shop. I ordered a standard haddock, in batter, mushy peas and no chips. Then I filched 6 chips off Mr's plate, ate all the fish and the top batter, and about 1/3 of the peas. Forgot my meter, so only tested after. 1hr = 6.9 and 2hr = 7.0

* happy! happy! happy dance! *

It isn't that I want to eat fish chips much, it is that I can go there, with friends, or colleagues, and know that there is something that works for me on their very restricted menu.

:D:D:D

D: homemade burger, onion bhaji, and green beans. May have strawbsncream later
Yay! You've joined the fish n chippy club :)

alliebee

Ha ha Mike. You have no idea how tempting that sounds..everything is white with frost here. Brrrrr

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Ha ha Mike. You have no idea how tempting that sounds..everything is white with frost here. Brrrrr

Lucky you. I LOVE the cold and being able to get warm. Blankets, heat, jumpers .. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!

alliebee

Just lit wood burner..lovely crackling wood :). Big huggy jumper on and a steaming cup of tea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.