Whos having a day off lchf on the 25th?

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Will be relaxing my day,what I would really like is a glass of coke,one can dream I do love Brussels and will eat lots of these.
Pudding will be a mince pie and thick cream.
Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and eating.

Reactions: 6 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Other half made a secret Xmas pudding and l just had a chunk with half a tub of cream am keeping an eye on my bloods (1hr am 6.3) as soon as l start to spike l am on the exercise bike. I recon about 1hr HIIT should get me down. I am very strict so l don't foresee a problem getting back onto LCHF .

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
I intend to have a little of everything that I fancy without feeling guilty - I know it will be only for one day and then back to normal. Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all enjoy it whatever you are doing.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I always had a month off for christmas where I ate more. This year since my non diabetic hubby doesn't want extras we haven't bought anything christmassy at all. First year ever.

I bought a small pack of gluten free oatcakes and thats it.

Dinner will be chicken, stilton n bacon, freshly dug up parsnips from customers garden tomorrow (they are a treat!) and brussels and cabbage and a speciality tinned white asparagus. Pudding cheese as usual but with a few oatcakes (treat). Will have some pigs in blankets for breakfast.

Yest did think about getting a coffee n walnut cake as christmas cake, put it in trolley and 1/2 way round took it out.

Just don't fancy extras and this certainly same for hubby. I always been a small lower carber but only this year added in extra fat...and that for my hubby has just diminshed his extra wants for the extra food...

Reactions: 5 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Just bought a couple of low carb cookbooks, so will try to use these to stay on the wagon over Christmas and beyond. I'm making a batch of paleo low carb sugar-free mocha-bacon brownies right now. Very decadent!

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A thread after Christmas where we confess our sins will be interesting. I wonder how many of us stick to our plans. ;)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think if people decide that they want a break from lchf at Christmas then it's entirely up to them. But I'm learning to see low carbing as a lifestyle rather than a "diet", and for the most part do my best to keep to the food I find suits me best now - I don't at all like what sugars and starches do to me so try to avoid them like the plague, and Christmas doesn't actually change that. I'm just adjusting my "traditional" Christmas menu a bit, and have equally yummy (to me anyway :eek: ) alternatives chosen where necessary. I don't really see any particular need to take a day off or feel deprived in any way - my mother hated turkey and would always eat a steak for her Christmas dinner, and it never made her alternative meal any less Christmassy... so mine's definitely not going to be ruined by lack of a mince pie or two. :D

Robbity

Reactions: 9 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A thread after Christmas where we confess our sins will be interesting. I wonder how many of us stick to our plans. ;)

Forgive me Father for I have sinned confession.jpg I have already bought Aunt Bessie's Roast Potatoes.:oops:

Reactions: 9 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robbity well if you call having a slice of roast parsnip, a roast potato and a little sage and onion stuffing with a good selection of vegetables for my crimbo dinner smashing my LCHF way of eating then I am guilty as charged .. I am a vegetarian so don't do the meat or fish thing anyway

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robbity well if you call having a slice of roast parsnip, a roast potato and a little sage and onion stuffing with a good selection of vegetables for my crimbo dinner smashing my LCHF way of eating then I am guilty as charged .. I am a vegetarian so don't do the meat or fish thing anyway

@Enclave
Who's upset your applecart then?? I don't know why you're going on at me, I've not said anything about your Christmas choices, as I said what people to choose to eat over Christmas, is up to them - it's not anything to do with me ... I was merely replying to the OPs question regarding a break from lchf.

Robbity

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will have my normal brekkie of yogurt, berries and flax. For dinner it won't be any different from every Sunday as we always have a roast. I don't like parsnips or stuffing, but will have peas, carrots and other veggies, plus gravy and my usual 2 roast spuds. Not sure about the Yorkshire Pudding yet. None of us likes Christmas pud or cake, so that won't be a problem. If some After Eights fall out of their wrappers, I may indulge in one, but only if hubby isn't looking. For tea it will be cheese and pickled onions with some water crackers. The red wine will flow all day, hopefully into my glass.

My meter will be upstairs in its case. I may get it out at bedtime. But I may not!

Merry Christmas one and all :)
Love your point on this Bluetit! You may recall I was in a quandary the start of the month about this! We don't have Christmas pudding or cake anyhow as I'm not struck on either and my girls look in horror at it! I'm allowing myself a couple of (new) roasties with dinner, tea will be cheese, pickled shallots(thats a treat!) As my elder is at her boyfriends families there's not the usual sweets and chocolate in either, I just got what younger daughter likes......I told myself I may have a couple but looking at them I don't feel the urge at all! I think I will test just fasting, maybe not bedtime. I'm telling myself I've done so well in 6 months that it won't hurt for one day......then back on it, at least my hba1c isn't until April (and my latest jeans are starting to slip again anyhow!)
Merry Christmas to you all too- and thank you for the last 6 months of wisdom and support!

Reactions: 7 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Enclave
Who's upset your applecart then?? I don't know why you're going on at me, I've not said anything about your Christmas choices, as I said what people to choose to eat over Christmas, is up to them - it's not anything to do with me ... I was merely replying to the OPs question regarding a break from lchf.

Robbity
Sorry took your comment personality .. Having a very bad day ... Will stay away from here again .. After all I would like to not be here

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will probably add a mince pie to my otherwise LCHF menu.
And maybe an 11g bag of popcorn.
And one piece of the fudge I made for Mr B's stocking.

I'd love to splurge all the way, but I've learned by now (sadly I finally seem to be growing up. A bit.) that however much I enjoy the eating I would hate the after effects. ;) Indigestion, bloating, thirst, excess widdling, rocketing BG, increased chance of hypoing, mood swings, carb cravings, increased insulin resistance, aching limbs, tiredness, apathy...

So it kinda wouldn't be worth it... :bigtears:

brenda walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now i know i'm gonna get negative comments about this post but frankly i dont care.

On Christmas day i'm going to eat and drink what i want when i want.... i've been very strong willed since being diagnosed in july and made radical changes to my diet and fitness programmes which have resulted in some great results from my hba1c tests 3 stone in weight loss and all the good stuff that goes with it. So for one day im going to be a bad bad boy. Please do not see this as a slippery slope or an act of stupidity, i am a strong enough person mentally to be back on the waggon boxing day no problem at all. Im not going to test for 24hrs and will start back again with my fasting result on Boxing day. See you all on the other side Merry Christmas to one and all...... (dont expect to go too over the top but a day of not having to abstain is my wish)
I'v just been a week without my meds, It's horrible. I am going to behave myself, besides which my father in law is there, he is also diabetic and he really like to put me down. Can't drink, not even sugar free coke or anything containing caffeine, roll on New Year, he goes to bed early.

Reactions: 7 people

SuzyMo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will probably add a mince pie to my otherwise LCHF menu.
And maybe an 11g bag of popcorn.
And one piece of the fudge I made for Mr B's stocking.

I'd love to splurge all the way, but I've learned by now (sadly I finally seem to be growing up. A bit.) that however much I enjoy the eating I would hate the after effects. ;) Indigestion, bloating, thirst, excess widdling, rocketing BG, increased chance of hypoing, mood swings, carb cravings, increased insulin resistance, aching limbs, tiredness, apathy...

So it kinda wouldn't be worth it... :bigtears:

What a useful comment. I'm new to this game and was wondering why my arms and legs aches so much. Feel like I've been running a marathon sometimes.

Reactions: 4 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
It's a pre diagnosis day for me but smaller portions, we always have our Christmas dinner Xmas eve so not long to go now.

13 family members sitting down and staying for the night, Boxing Day will be more of the same but upto 25 staying. Don't even ask about New Years Eve.

Hope you all have a great time, will be thinking of my extended family on here.