Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B: yoghurt berries cream, coffee and cream
L: three chicken drumsticks and four baby toms
D: four rashers of bacon and three eggs scrambled.
Snack: Greek yoghurt

Still feeling rough, though I managed to get about four hours sleep last night thank goodness. Looking forward to the weekend for a proper rest! :sleep:
Happy weekend Pav... :) :singing:

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Still poorly :-( and also had a hypo after dinner last night
Today:
B: berries yoghurt cream coffee with cream
L: 2 slices ham, olives and feta cheese
D: yoghurt berries and cream
S: Thornton chocolates :-o. Had to cheer myself up somehow.
I hope you feel better for the weekend though... don't be poorly on your own time... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday was lunatic - first day back and animals going nuts... unpacking, laundry, cleaning, shopping... I luckily had the foresight to make two flax muffins to bring with me in my computer case, so just kept thinly slicing, toasting and piling with Philly all day really... three espressos with cream, lots of water... then had a late supper of scrambled egg and ham after picking up my son from the airport - too much protein, I know - his plane was delayed in London so it just got later and later... he's here to start helping us out on a couple of projects every month... such a relief to have him onboard now... and nice to have one of our sons with us for a couple of weeks, we hardly ever see them all really... :) He's going to miss the dear little girl in the picture though... :( Thank goodness for Skype and FaceTime...

Reactions: 8 people

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had bacon for brekkie

Mackerel kebab with chilli for lunch, after veggie soup cus I was cold brrrrr

Chicken breast for tonight.

Snacks- baby bel, olives and Turkish yoghurt with berries.

Reactions: 10 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: which was really brunch, 3 coffees with cream; olives and feta cheese
D: ham, olives, feta, and some lovely hard cheese don't know the name though. Will have some yoghurt cream and berries later
S: got some lovely Green and Blacks cocoa and had a cup with cream, yum

Reactions: 7 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D: ham, olives, feta, and some lovely hard cheese don't know the name though. Will have some yoghurt cream and berries later

Cocoa with cream sounds lush.... How do you make it?

Reactions: 6 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yesterday
B chia seeds soaked in almond milk with two strawberries
L chicken and long bean Thai curry, 2 small coconut flour cakes
D sausage bacon egg mushrooms, sugar free jelly
Same BG as day before
Today:-
B 3 small pancakes from coconut flour and a poached egg
S wide boy pepparami
L same as yesterday
D steak, mushrooms peas, sugar free jelly
BG Sam as yesterday

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Slice of oat and Linseed bread Toasted with lots of butter and a teaspoon of marmalade
Dinner: Tuna mayo with 5 Krackawheat and a slice of freshly made ginger cake (used palm sugar which is low GI/GL so it says - used extra to recipe and more butter but omitted syrup) its really scrummy BUT was out at testing time
Snack: Another piece of said cake - I was late with dogs teas and hungry - planned to test ....
Tea: huge piece of haddock cooked with parsley and butter in the oven, pile of green beans and a touch of cheese sauce -
Post Tea snack (ie not straight away but within 2 hrs) sugar free jelly and lemon ice cream and another piece of said cake :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Going to have either a cocoa (soya milk) or latte (soya milk) for bedtime soon......

Cake was made with quinoa flour instead of normal stuff and the palm sugar instead of normal, butter, ginger powder, and beaten egg.....

I WILL do a proper test before I finish it........and its done in a small loaf tin so the pieces aren't huge - just eaten too many of them....:oops::oops:

Reactions: 8 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I put a few items to the test today, including some LivLife bread when I nabbed the last loaf in our Waitrose (I don't usually eat bread at all). Overall my lowest BS either pre- or post-food was 6.2 two hours after dinner and the highest 6.8 two hours after the bread. In between meals there was some walking about.

B: Groats (porridge oats, 2 tbspn) soaked overnight plus cinnamon, chia, flax & other mixed seeds, yoghurt, cream & berries. Overall just over half a litre.
L (cafe): 3-egg omelette with smoked haddock, mushrooms & undressed salad; 2 coffees with splash of milk
S: 2 slices LivLife toast with butter & yeast extract.
D: cold (roast) lamb, salami, rocket, babyleaf spinach, pickled onions, tomatoes, mayo.

My baseline seems to be drifting up and peaks drifting down. I'm happy with this unless someone knows different?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Boiled egg because was in a rush.
L. 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 3 bacon.
D. Mini chicken tikka fillets, salad, cauli bhaji - bg post 2h 7.0.

couple of glasses of wine bg 5.9 :)

Reactions: 10 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got to go to Wagamamma's tomorrow for mothers day. Have been trawling their website and have shortlisted the following:
Starter = Tori Kara Age (Deep Fried Chicken Pieces with Chiili Sauce) @ 10.8g of carb
Main Course = Can only see salads as being feasible - Warm chilli chicken salad @ 20.6g of carb

Not sure about drinks. Might go for a glass of wine.

Anyone else got any other dishes they have tried?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sounds comforting :) ... you feeling any better?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast: Slice of oat and Linseed bread Toasted with lots of butter and a teaspoon of marmalade
Dinner: Tuna mayo with 5 Krackawheat and a slice of freshly made ginger cake (used palm sugar which is low GI/GL so it says - used extra to recipe and more butter but omitted syrup) its really scrummy BUT was out at testing time
Snack: Another piece of said cake - I was late with dogs teas and hungry - planned to test ....
Tea: huge piece of haddock cooked with parsley and butter in the oven, pile of green beans and a touch of cheese sauce -
Post Tea snack (ie not straight away but within 2 hrs) sugar free jelly and lemon ice cream and another piece of said cake :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Going to have either a cocoa (soya milk) or latte (soya milk) for bedtime soon......

Cake was made with quinoa flour instead of normal stuff and the palm sugar instead of normal, butter, ginger powder, and beaten egg.....

I WILL do a proper test before I finish it........and its done in a small loaf tin so the pieces aren't huge - just eaten too many of them....:oops::oops:
Look at all those 'oopses'... :) Tomorrow is another day, forget the blip... but Truvia might have been better.. :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Espressowith cream x 3
Bacon, sausage and mushroom
Flax bread and Boursin w herbs and garlic
More of the same
Nuts and 2 chocolate almonds
Pork stir fry... all the veg I could find, butterflied and marinated the pork in soy sauce and fish sauce ... lovely - and I came down to 5.4 this morning!
Watched England/Scotland on catch-up while we ate it... Two glasses of red wine - perfect... sorry, WeeFergus... :)

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

How about the full recipe. Sounds yum

Reactions: 7 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I cooked up liver and onions for dinner. I never liked liver as a kid. This was the first time I cooked liver myself. It wasn't bad! I may try it again sometime. At least it's cheap!
View attachment 12333
I love liver and onions. We had it at home as children, now only as gourmet fish in Italy!! Yummy if tender liver and not overcooked.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunneria Goddess, can you repost the stracciatella cake recipe? Have looked but can't find it.

Ye Gods my friends we are a lot of greedy pigs, but it is wonderful that we can eat luscious things and be well. Sez LSW

Status
Not open for further replies.