Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 just in the 4's but not really different to the 5.0 I had been for the last 2 days

Reactions: 25 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all a nice start to the day, the sun is shining in Exeter & fasting BS this morning was a great 5.1 at 07:25.

Reactions: 22 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
4.8 this morning. I've had a really good week bs wise.

Reactions: 24 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
On the walk out, dogs were soaked in dew, but by time we got back they were raising pollen and were plastered with it!

Reactions: 11 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today, have increased my carbamazepine, not sure if that will affect BG or not ....

Reactions: 21 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 6.8 fasting reading this morning after a 6.1 at bedtime.

Reactions: 20 people

Joanmary

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your welcome. I am type 2 on medication. Having problems getting glucose levels down am usually 19 - 25. Although I find it difficult keeping check on everything as I am my husbands carer. What am I supposed to do when having a hyper, apart from fall asleep?

Reactions: 6 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.3 Fasting. Cheese board and wine for supper last night. Over did it on the wine (there's a surprise). There will no doubt be some evidence hidden in the bin from little teds carb cupboard.

At least I am consistent with my inconsistencies.

Reactions: 23 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your welcome. I am type 2 on medication. Having problems getting glucose levels down am usually 19 - 25. Although I find it difficult keeping check on everything as I am my husbands carer. What am I supposed to do when having a hyper, apart from fall asleep?
There is a lot of information of this forum which will take a lot of time to understand and apply to your situation. It's normally the carbohydrates that push blood sugars up. If you test before a meal and 2 hours after a meal then looking at the difference which ideally should not be more than 2. For me the first thing I noticed was Weetabix gave a very high spike so I cut that out. There is lots of information here on low carbohydrate foods. Do ask questions and we will try to help.

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.