Type 2 Life

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I put on a pre-diagnosis pair of jeans last week just for a shop run. Did them up and they fell down. Good for the soul, heavy on the purse. I second getting intrim bits from charity shops and supermarket reduccies as this LC>F lifestyle is a lesson in changing body shape....

Forgot to test this am as I awoke with a stonking hangover. Don't know how that happened...:cool:
My son is still asleep at midday, jet lag bless him. Have a great day everyone.
X

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
4.2 am
A large glass of red wine..... and a lot of haddock.... two of my favs..... mix and "match" I say.
Slate grey Sunday morning with mournful organ music on Radio 3 at the mo.
Getting my thoughts together to post a question about BG levels if you fast for a day. I've gone back to testing more regularly.... every hour in the afternoon as I seem to have a 18:00 low of less than 4, which then rises.
Got a new digging fork as garden needing some digging, bath and listening to the footie on Radio 5 live, might watch some rugby.... Japan were amazing, though how many of them are kiwis...
Good sunday chums.

Hi hj. Those 6pm bouncing up n down numbers must be unpleasant hun. It'll be interesting to see what happens if you do decide to fast for a day. Will you be posting about it? Your Sunday sounds nice n chilled. And yeah, the rugby does suck you in. I'll be watching the NZ v Argentina later this afternoon with Mr AJ. Makes us forget the dismal display of footy from NUFC yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Good morning all, apologies for absence. As term gets under way I should get back into a routine :rolleyes:

FBG 4.6 this morning and another couple of pounds gone. We had beautiful weather up here in Northumberland yesterday, I enjoyed my walk so much I extended it from the usual 3 miles to 4.5 miles and was rewarded with my favourite song coming up on my ipod shuffle. (A town called Malice by the Jam).
I bought a pair of trousers from Asda this week that fit! My interim goal on the way to a healthy weight is to be able to buy my clothes from the supermarket if I want to instead of having to go to "fat people shops". :happy:

Hi @Alzebra. Noticed your absence on the thread & guessed you'd be busy now that it's term time. Sounds like everything's going great for you. Bet you're feeling good about everything. And so you should. :)

Reactions: 7 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi folks. Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday, whatever it is you're doing. Sounds like alot of members are achieving some mighty impressive weight loss. It certainly IS good for the soul as gravitycarb has said. This mornings BG was 5.0, and 2 hours after a yummy full English breakfast 4.6 All ok there then. Good health everyone.

image.gif

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Folks

5.9 this morning, which is distinctly dark, dank, wet and miserable..

Been to the farm shop to cheers myself up and just enjoyed an almost carb free lunch of steak canadienne and mushrooms, fried in butter.. I couldn't wash it down with a nice red wine at lunchtime though, as I'm not on holiday...

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

5.5 this morning.

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning, and I've got vertigo! Had it since yesterday and my bloods have been good so a bit unsure? Maybe nothing connected to my T2 or LCHF but I end up second guessing myself all the time

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning, and I've got vertigo! Had it since yesterday and my bloods have been good so a bit unsure? Maybe nothing connected to my T2 or LCHF but I end up second guessing myself all the time
That does not sound so good, how does it show? I hope it is brief.
You're right about second guessing.... my left shoulder is showing signs for freezing... just as my right is looking better...

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That does not sound so good, how does it show?

I feel really dizzy and kind of nauseous. I'm walking across my classroom and suddenly veer off to one side, a bit like being drunk! I've googled it, no idea why it came on, my symptoms are better when I lie down so it's not likely to be an ear infection. I'll just have to wait and see :wacky:

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel really dizzy and kind of nauseous. I'm walking across my classroom and suddenly veer off to one side, a bit like being drunk! I've googled it, no idea why it came on, my symptoms are better when I lie down so it's not likely to be an ear infection. I'll just have to wait and see :wacky:
low BG's?

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
low BG's?

Don't think so HJ, my bg has been good for a while, and not dropping too low. I suppose it could be false hypos, but I'm thinking maybe some kind of virus or migraine? Meanwhile, I'm lurching round school like I'm half cut :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 am, slept like a log, which may have been due to the late shift...
another day
hope it goes well for all

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.0 this morning a bit high for me. I am drugged up on antibiotics and steroids so am blaming the meds.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

Bit scary 6.7 this morning, higher than its been for quite a while and I really don't know why. Ok, maybe I took a few liberties last night - 4 squares of dark chocolate and a small malt at bedtime, but its not like I haven't done that before.

I did have pie and peas for tea last might, which I haven't had for a while, maybe an unfortunate combination?

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 this morning. Sugar levels same more affected by inhaled and tablet steroids Dose's been high. DN is talking to consultant about changing my insulin while chest is really bad:rolleyes: