1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Life

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by emptyplate, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Alisonjane10

Alisonjane10 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Alright, alright...X2 makes your FBG a 10.4!! ;)
    Good luck with the A1c today. X

• Like Like x 6
  2. Tim55

Tim55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning Folks

Slightly more encouraging 5.4 this morning.

But it's still dull, dreary and miserable...

• Like Like x 15
  3. Gravity-Carb

Gravity-Carb Other · Well-Known Member

I had a 4.6 this am, after skipping dinner as I couldn't be bothered to make anything.... been vigilant with my fat over the last week, if not careful it drops down....

• Like Like x 17
  4. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.1 an and a good uninterrupted sleep to the buzzer... :)

• Like Like x 13
  5. loulou99782

loulou99782 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.3 low this morning spoke to DN yesterday and uped insulatard by 2 units last night but could be too much so will only up by1 tonight and try to up this morning s by 1

• Like Like x 12
  6. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.4 this morning which was a surprise after not getting home until after 1AM and getting a few emails to deal with before I actually got up.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Alisonjane10

Happy Wednesday everyone. Not feeling too good today I'm afraid. Banging headache & nausea. Lovely!! :( Going to take it easy, and definitely have a lie down. BG this morning was 5.0 fasting. Whilst I'm here...Does anyone know of a good treatment shampoo for a sore scalp that has several broken areas. Just small ones, but not pleasant. And I have a tendency to pick. I've tried Neem oil shampoo, Nizoral, Polytar, Tea tree shampoo/oil, T-gel, and more. Nothing works! Had problems with it since diagnosis. The hair itself is healthy & shiny, but not as thick as it once was. No thyroid problems. And I Can track the problem back to January, leading up to my diagnosis of Type 2. I'm sure it is diabetes related. If anyone can offer some advice, I'd be most grateful. X

image.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. loulou99782

Have you tried E45 shampoo and conditioner or simple shampoo and conditioner. Dr Organics from Holland and Barrets is good but expensive. I find the simple soap range works best for me :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Baruney

Baruney Type 2 · BANNED

Wow that's amazing aj.

We are talking about 'that' stuff not your black market stash of tabacco right? Never know with you Geordies.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Alisonjane10

Cheeky chops!! I've never bought "that" stuff since my Hamster ate some accidentally, and ended up doing somersaults from the top of his running wheel. He was "Gansta Tripping." ;) Oh dear...not pretty. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 8
  11. Tim55

Morning Folks

5.3 this morning and the trend seems better.

Good job as I have been rather more ruthless with the carbs this week. No work available to me until next Wednesday, so, on the plus side, I am much more in control of my lunches.

Also been working n my garden, re-doing my pond, so I guess I have been getting a bit more exercise too.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Baruney

Baruney Type 2 · BANNED

Might be able to get it on the nhs at some stage in the future.

Who'd have thought.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Merrylizard1314

Merrylizard1314 · Well-Known Member

This morning 4.0mmol/L Ketones 2.6
    This evening, and possibly well into the night, there will be conspicuous consumption of really good tasting food, a cake fest with coulis, fruit, cream ( possibly sweetened,)and a cheeseboard laden with many varieties of cheeses from all around the world. That is what it was like last year, and I expect it will be the same this evening. Luckily there will be many people present, some of them athletes who are known to have "weird" food requirements, so I will stay close to them. They do eat a lot of protein, however, and as half of it converts roughly to glucose, I am not expecting my ketosis to hold up under the strain. And then, there is the cake.....

• Like Like x 9
  14. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.7 am
    played 5 a side last night and my legs feel like aliens.....

• Like Like x 8
  15. Alisonjane10

Sounds like great fun. Though I suspect you may feel a tad knackered following. Sooo worth it I'm sure. :) All things cheesey go down well for me too. Yum. :hungry:

• Like Like x 6
  16. Alisonjane10

Thanks for the tips loulou. I didn't even know E45 did a shampoo. I'll look into that. X

• Like Like x 2
  17. loulou99782

Your welcome, I find boots or superdrug is the best place to find it :). Take care because it can make to bath/ shower tray slippy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alisonjane10

Hello folks. Was so tired last night that I went to bed early & slept right through until I woke at 05.30 this morning. Did my BG & got a 5.1 reading. I realised that my liver was dumping glucose as I was testing. I don't know if other people experience the same sensation, but my body reacts with a pounding heart & feeling "weak knee'd" following a liver dump. It's not a very pleasant feeling but the physical manifestation quickly subsides, for me anyway. I rechecked my BG 30 minutes later, & wasn't surprised to see that it had risen to 6.0, even though I'd done nothing but visit the bathroom & return to bed. Usually, I don't sleep so long, but I hadn't been feeling well & needed the early night. That meant I'd gone much longer than I would normally go without food/fluids. Hence the DP. Lesson learnt. Guess it happens...but I don't have to like it!! :mad::arghh: Especially as I still feel ****! I'm just a wee delicate flower. :happy:;) Have a great day folks. Sorry for the rambling rant. :oops: X

image.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    #718 Alisonjane10, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  19. Tim55

Morning folks

Slightly higher 5.7 for me today, but the average is still falling, so I guess I can live with that.

Of my last 213 readings, nearly 83% have been 5 point something, and 12% 6 point something. Only 3 (1%) have been over 7, but only 13% have been below 5.

i hope that counts as controlled, as I got a letter from the GPs surgery yesterday telling me its annual review time.....

• Like Like x 7
  20. Alisonjane10

Those are great BG results @Tim55. Interesting to read them percentage wise. I'd be chuffed to bits with those numbers. Good luck with the annual review. I'm sure you'll be applauded by your HCP's. :)

• Like Like x 4
    #720 Alisonjane10, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook