‘Stop Eating After 7pm’ Challenge

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tonight we ate earlier once again and had concluded our evening meal by 18.00. I'm still feeling pleasantly full at bedtime.
Night night everyone, sweet dreams.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By 7 tonight, and the last 2 as well.
Routinely in the habit, except when social life intervenes. Off on holiday next 2 weeks so expect some later pub meals

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cut it fine this evening, but met the 19.00 deadline nevertheless and I'm feeling pleasantly full at bedtime.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was a close run thing this evening, but where there's a will, there's a way and we met the 19.00 deadline. I'm feeling pleasantly full as bedtime approaches.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6:45 tonight, trying again as last night was the same time and lower bg this morning. Just water now :)

Reactions: LivingLightly

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
6pm this evening

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cut it a bit fine this evening, but we were fed and watered by 19.00 and I'm feeling pleasantly full at bedtime.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late again, being cooked for by a friend so impossible to dictate eating times.

We have a lunch booked tomorrow, so might try for omad but I'm finding I'm hungry as it's cold and we are walking lots

Reactions: LivingLightly

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tonight we ate earlier and had concluded our evening meal by 18.00. I'm still feeling pleasantly full as bedtime approaches.
Night night all.

Margi1975

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Who will join me?

I intend to do this for the rest of January- 10 days and hopefully I’ll have broken the habit by then and carry on.

I‘m not hungry, I suspect I’m bored and it’s becoming a habit. So I thought if there were a few of us that struggle with this it would be good to record our successes and make suggestions on how we coped.

@LivingLightly?
I’ve only just seen this so I’m a bit behind the times. This challenge might make me stop my late night snacking. The hardest thing I remember having to do when I was first diagnosed exactoy 49 years ago, was to learn to eat when I wasn’t hungry. In those days you had a fixed amount of insulin and had to eat set portions of carbs at regualer intervals to balance it. One injection a day; I went on to two after my first year. So those between meal and bedtime snacks became the essential norm for me after a while. Now with modern insulin regimes and being able to inject for what I want to eat instead of the other way round, I no longer need those snacks… mostly, I often make mistakes and have to have hypo rescue snacks. But I rarely need them at night. I’m desperately trying to lose another stone in weight before I‘ll be happy with my size, so this could be a good incentive.