1st Dia-versary

BuddyK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey folks, today is marks a year since the diagnosis that seriously 'rocks your world', but happy to report - things are good!

Thanks to you good folks on here, u got my head round this new way of living and I embraced a low carb life.

12 months later, I'm over 3 stone lighter wear the same size clothing I started University in (25 years ago) and my HBA1C is down from 69 to 28.... Which in my eyes is success!

To add to the success, having seen my results, my T2 mum is gradually embracing lower carbs and adjusting her insulin, which in her 70s doesn't come naturally, as she tends to not question the medics and does what she's always done....

My partner supported me in LCHF and has seen major success in reducing fibromyalgia effects, and much lower pain levels too.

Hopefully ditch the Metformin after review at GPs, but as I said earlier, life is good!

Keep up the good work guys, the best thing I did was finding this group on my diagnosis day.. the advice and support is amazing

Kx

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Excellent numbers! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: BuddyK

BuddyK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Def a good thing, I went to the Dr for a blood test for something else and found it.. even with family history I hadn't spotted it in myself. 12 months on, and I feel better than I have for years, people I haven't seen for ages can't believe the difference in me.

I would say it is a good thing getting the diagnosis, as it has changed my life, not always easy.... I travel for work, so being organised and packed lunches is now the norm for me..... But feeling better and obviously the health benefits mean it's worth it!
Well done @BuddyK
You sound as if you have embraced the changes.
Would you go as far as to say that your diagnosis was a good thing?
I know this sounds weird but I know I wouldn't be here now if I had not been diagnosed with diabetes and learnt how to manage it. So, whilst I don't celebrate having diabetes, 15 years later, I still celebrate my diagnosis.
I hope you have a celebration for yourself planned.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey folks, today is marks a year since the diagnosis that seriously 'rocks your world', but happy to report - things are good!

Thanks to you good folks on here, u got my head round this new way of living and I embraced a low carb life.

12 months later, I'm over 3 stone lighter wear the same size clothing I started University in (25 years ago) and my HBA1C is down from 69 to 28.... Which in my eyes is success!

To add to the success, having seen my results, my T2 mum is gradually embracing lower carbs and adjusting her insulin, which in her 70s doesn't come naturally, as she tends to not question the medics and does what she's always done....

My partner supported me in LCHF and has seen major success in reducing fibromyalgia effects, and much lower pain levels too.

Hopefully ditch the Metformin after review at GPs, but as I said earlier, life is good!

Keep up the good work guys, the best thing I did was finding this group on my diagnosis day.. the advice and support is amazing

Kx
Congratulations! You're doing an absolutely awesome job. Celebrate! (With cheese, bacon, olives and extra dark chocolate, of course, haha)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Kx

Wonderful news. 3 in 1. All winners. Thanks for sharing. Well done.

Barba_Rossa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. You've done fantastically well and are an inspiration for those of us at the start of our journeys.