2014/15 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Hello Pavlos nice to see you on this forum :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes it's just a shame they didn't hang on to the lead. Need a win at Villa Park next week now.

That would be good, I do like Arsenal and think Arsène Wenger is a great manager.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
T
If only he would spend more money
The more money you have theore you waste! Just look at Harry. I believe Arsene is one of the great managers of modern football. He has got arsenal in the champions league for the past decade and more. His signings and style of play! The kids he has brought through. A remarkable achievement. Sometimes the fans don't see the whole picture! Not having a dig at you @zand!
Wish clubs like mine had a small percentage of what you spend on players!

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
T

The more money you have theore you waste! Just look at Harry. I believe Arsene is one of the great managers of modern football. He has got arsenal in the champions league for the past decade and more. His signings and style of play! The kids he has brought through. A remarkable achievement. Sometimes the fans don't see the whole picture! Not having a dig at you @zand!
Wish clubs like mine had a small percentage of what you spend on players!
Mostly I agree with you. Yes we love the style of play. He is an excellent business man, not only the signings but the selling on of players too. It's just sometimes we really think we're going to get a player - Higuain for instance and then Arsenal offer what Arsene thinks he's worth and it's not enough and another club snaps him up. Sometimes it would be nice just to be prepared to spend a little more to make sure we get the players we want. We have had the money for years. Yes he has been great for the club and consistently so, but with all the money he has available to him it would be nice to see Arsenal actually challenge for the league title again. Other teams splash the cash and as a family we would like to see Arsenal do it a little more too. We've only felt like this for the past 2 or 3 seasons, we're just getting a bit tired of the 'jam tomorrow' frame of mind now. Winning the FA Cup has helped a little though.:)

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just to compete at that level for so long, is just beyond 98% of league clubs!
Your wishing for better players when you have a manager and coaching system that is rival to any club in the world. What if they had bought such and such . It never guarentee championships and cups. You have probably tha best manager in the world, a world class stadia and training facilities. The best of the best. It's just minis sing the championships!
Stop being so greedy! I wish for near the play offs this season. Reality footie! Lol!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to compete at that level for so long, is just beyond 98% of league clubs!
Your wishing for better players when you have a manager and coaching system that is rival to any club in the world. What if they had bought such and such . It never guarentee championships and cups. You have probably tha best manager in the world, a world class stadia and training facilities. The best of the best. It's just minis sing the championships!
Stop being so greedy! I wish for near the play offs this season. Reality footie! Lol!
It's not being greedy. We pay a heck of a lot to see matches, so we want to see more trophies. The style of play is good to watch. Still can't defend from set pieces though, still get in a mess with zonal marking. They're doing different warm ups this season which hopefully will help with not getting so many injuries. All the players actually do them properly now too - they didn't always. It's taken this long to try to fix that! You say spending money doesn't guarantee championships and cups....no but it helps! Do you think Chelsea and Man City would be where they are without spending money? I'm not asking for a team of Galacticos, but c'mon our striker gets injured and we didn't have another! Very pleased to have Welbeck on board.

Reactions: 2 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Looks like Utd on the way to their first win of the season 3-0 up at half time :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's not being greedy. We pay a heck of a lot to see matches, so we want to see more trophies. The style of play is good to watch. Still can't defend from set pieces though, still get in a mess with zonal marking. They're doing different warm ups this season which hopefully will help with not getting so many injuries. All the players actually do them properly now too - they didn't always. It's taken this long to try to fix that! You say spending money doesn't guarantee championships and cups....no but it helps! Do you think Chelsea and Man City would be where they are without spending money? I'm not asking for a team of Galacticos, but c'mon our striker gets injured and we didn't have another! Very pleased to have Welbeck on board.
You play 4-5-1! You don't need strikers!
You have very mobile midfielders who pass teams to death.
It can be frustrating at all levels. You can see what's needs and you wonder what's going on behind the scenes and you stand back and think what have they been doing at training all week. Things like that!
That's why we love the game!
The talking, the highs and the lows, many many lows aaaagh!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You play 4-5-1! You don't need strikers!
You have very mobile midfielders who pass teams to death.
It can be frustrating at all levels. You can see what's needs and you wonder what's going on behind the scenes and you stand back and think what have they been doing at training all week. Things like that!
That's why we love the game!
The talking, the highs and the lows, many many lows aaaagh!
there's no point passing teams to death if you can't score! It's so frustrating. Yes our midfield is great, very creative, but we do need a goal poacher. I am hoping Welbeck will be exactly what we've been waiting for. Re the midfield - Now that's what Hockaday did wrong at FGR, lots of strikers and defenders and he forgot about the midfield. Nightmare. I much prefer Wenger's way of doing it, but we need to score goals. We need to win a game.
For me it's the hopes and dreams on your way to a match, then maybe the silent long journey home....that's the Aaaarrrrggghhh factor for me.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh well it finished 4-0 to the scum and they have shot up the league to 7th place.Maybe they will get in to europe next may