2015/16 Football Season

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well, about time etc.

Liverpool football supporters not the cause for Hillsborough disaster!

Justice for the '96.

I will give further comment, later after more comes from the verdict.

Reactions: 8 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Not sure it's going to happen like that, but wouldn't it be great to see? :)

There's many a slip and all that, and Leicester have three tough games as a run-in, but surely they are going to do it now.

Yeah i think the title is theirs now

Reactions: 4 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ninety-six football fans who died as a result of a crush in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, the inquests have concluded.

The jury found match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield was "responsible for manslaughter by gross negligence" due to a breach of his duty of care.

Id say Justice has been done

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for mentioning 'the 96' here, @johnboy412000 .
I did not want to crash into a thread I have not contributed to, but would like to add that I am so proud of the people from my city who have continued, with dignity, to refuse to allow the injustices heaped on them all to go unchallenged.

Bless them all. May they all now rest in peace. Including my young relative.

Reactions: 6 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you for mentioning 'the 96' here, @johnboy412000 .
I did not want to crash into a thread I have not contributed to, but would like to add that I am so proud of the people from my city who have continued, with dignity, to refuse to allow the injustices heaped on them all to go unchallenged.

Bless them all. May they all now rest in peace. Including my young relative.

Hey thats fine dont worry about crashing the forum. Its a free for all is this forum on footy subjects so why not join in if you want :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @johnboy412000

Think as an Everton fan, I would only be contributing misery for the forseeable future. :banghead::banghead::banghead: :(:(:(
Will look in from time to time though.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks @johnboy412000

Think as an Everton fan, I would only be contributing misery for the forseeable future. :banghead::banghead::banghead: :(:(:(

I dont think anybody would see it as that lol most of us are in different divisions in any case :D:D

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Yes Justice for the 96

YNWA

I like Liverpool as a city
Great city with great people way way better than Manchester

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks @johnboy412000

When you played us at BP in R4 FA cup you were outstanding so sorry the Scum beat you in the semis in now rooting for Palace

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When you played us at BP in R4 FA cup you were outstanding so sorry the Scum beat you in the semis in now rooting for Palace
Thanks for your kind words @Cumberland. :)
I like Cumberland, (never Cumbria) and know the difference as I have kin there.

Really can't agree to calling other football teams or supporters scum though. The Hillsborough experience shows what can happen when other human beings are regarded as less than human.
Do get vocal about supporting the Toffees, but not been able to get to a game for many years, and have been known to utter rude words watching from the armchair. Most recent rude utterings were in 93rd minute of last Saturday's FA Cup semi final.:arghh:

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ninety-six football fans who died as a result of a crush in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, the inquests have concluded.

The jury found match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield was "responsible for manslaughter by gross negligence" due to a breach of his duty of care.

Id say Justice has been done

Not quite yet, my mate!

Don't think that deep down the scars will never heal!

The battle has been won, but the war is not!

The establishment including police and government are to be held accountable for the atrocity. The cover up is going to be exposed.
The slurs against the scousers has been well and truly documented.
We are no worse than any other city, but we fight back with honesty, dignity and hard work.
We have be like this, because isn't life hard enough without having the stigma, that has been given to the city.

I believe the next important decision was that the supporters were exonerated of all blame.

Justice for the ninety-six!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Pipp, welcome to our footie thread.
As a bluenoses, you know how it works.
Constant chants about our beloved Mersey heritage and so on.

Martinez out?

C'mon Rovers!

Alan Ball was my boyhood hero and the day I met him was a real highlight, watched him play at Goodison so many times in the late sixties, seventies.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well theres one thing Nosher you wont ever get to play the Toffees so no chance of any rivalries and hostilities :D:D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Dazzy_D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
First time on the footy forum :)
A massive well done to the Mighty Palace in making it to the final and setting up a 1990 re-match of the epic final that finished 3-3 when a certain Mr. Ferguson was hanging on to his job and needing silverware to stave off the impending P45 !! The rest, as they say, is history. Sounding familiar LVG ?
Had a great day at Wembley and will be flying back from a golfing holiday to attend the final, and flying back out the next day. Has to be done as we only get there every 26 years :)

Reactions: 6 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
First time on the footy forum :)
A massive well done to the Mighty Palace in making it to the final and setting up a 1990 re-match of the epic final that finished 3-3 when a certain Mr. Ferguson was hanging on to his job and needing silverware to stave off the impending P45 !! The rest, as they say, is history. Sounding familiar LVG ?
Had a great day at Wembley and will be flying back from a golfing holiday to attend the final, and flying back out the next day. Has to be done as we only get there every 26 years :)
Welcome aboard

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for your kind words @Cumberland. :)
I like Cumberland, (never Cumbria) and know the difference as I have kin there.

Really can't agree to calling other football teams or supporters scum though. The Hillsborough experience shows what can happen when other human beings are regarded as less than human.
Do get vocal about supporting the Toffees, but not been able to get to a game for many years, and have been known to utter rude words watching from the armchair. Most recent rude utterings were in 93rd minute of last Saturday's FA Cup semi final.:arghh:
I only call the club (Man U) scum it's not aimed at the supporters
I really should be careful what I say but with Man U I just can't help myself lol

I often swear at BP it's therapeutic to let off steam especially if our opponents come from the south of England lol