2017/2018 Football Season

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This sticker on a seat at Wembley made me smile on Saturday :)

upload_2018-2-12_15-30-4.png

Reactions: Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
On a happy note Chelsea didn't let us down on Monday night. They thrashed West Brom 3-0 which was sweet. Had West Brom won it would have put pressure on us especially as we play them a week on Saturday. Hopefully we'll do what we did to Bournemouth and crucify em. UTT :D

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got back from Arsenal's 3-0 win v Ostersund at 4 am this morning. I'll try to post photos another day if I can. A great trip and although it was about -10C with wind chill factor, it could have been much colder! We walked around the town for a few hours first. The lake was frozen, with snow on top of the ice, so that was a nice walk. Lots of snow sculptures. Lovely pubs and restaurants ( although far too hot indoors - we had to strip off 5 of our 6 layers every time we went into a building lol ) Walked up to the ground from the centre of town. A thoroughly enjoyable day. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
At home to Bromley, then a nice tasty game v Macclesfield on Tuesday!
Six points demanded from these two home games, if we are to be considered for promotion.

Hope all our teams get favourable results!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Home to Man Utd in the big cup game. Should be a crowd puller if nowt else. Be nice if we could beat em and reach the Quarters. You never know eh.:watching:

Good luck to everyone else that is playing today. Hope you all get a good result. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A really beautiful day, over ten degrees inn sunny Birkenhead!
We scraped another home win, 1-0! (Just about!)
Plenty of possession but no clear cut chances!
Even the goal was a big mistake from their keeper.
But then wins at home on the run, not gonna moan, (much!)
Now second in league!
Playing top of the league Tuesday night, Macclesfield, at home!
Hopefully a better performance and another home win to cut the lead down!
If we are to go up this season, it is a must win on Tuesday!
But knowing Rovers, we never, ever, win these games!
C'mon!!!

Reactions: johnboy412000

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Chesterfield were truly awful I felt sorry for their fans who never stopped singing
On the form they showed today I think they have had it

A good 3 points no complaints

Reactions: johnboy412000

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Chesterfield were truly awful I felt sorry for their fans who never stopped singing
On the form they showed today I think they have had it

A good 3 points no complaints

Our goalkeeping coach was at Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago and he described their season very similar to ours when we were relegated to the conference.

Far too many of the bigger lower clubs are floundering under because of the greed of the premiership and the players and particularly the FA!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Our cup run came to an end last night. I saw it on MOTD and we didn't play too badly but alas Man Utd found 2 ways through. They had a 3rd disallowed for offside. It was a close call the ref had to consult the people who were studying the technology thing they have with the naked eye you'd not have given it offside but the camera showed just a tiny bit of knee offside. Anyway now we can concentrate our efforts on staying in the Prem. We need to beat West Brom next Saturday nothing less will do. We've pulled the great escape off before so we can do it again I hope. UTT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43100276

The VAR for those that didn't see it. Close call.

Last edited:

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@jay hay-char Well done on beating West Brom and I hope you go on to beat Man City or Wigan. Hopefully the latics will cause an upset and dump City out.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our goalkeeping coach was at Chesterfield a couple of seasons ago and he described their season very similar to ours when we were relegated to the conference.

Far too many of the bigger lower clubs are floundering under because of the greed of the premiership and the players and particularly the FA!
Those parachute payments must help somewhat though?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Those parachute payments must help somewhat though?
We are in our third season at this level, and we have no parachute payments.
It is the same as league two for first season, then drops considerably for second season, then nowt.
We to survive, have to get promoted this season otherwise the repercussions will be quite serious. The academy and youth set up will certainly go.
Most of the senior pros will go as the contracts finish, we will have only five or six pros that have another season.
Staff at the ground including match day staff and at the training ground will have been cut already, there will be a lot more. Even though we had a 4800 gate yesterday!
The board are already looking at going part time, whilst all the smaller conference clubs are going full time.

Our problem is the club, financially is not sustainable, no investment because it is not viable or profitable.
Our present owners cannot afford to carry on in this league.

Chester have had a rescue benefit match to get 50 grand to see the season out, who knows what will happen then. No academy, no youth!
Hartlepool are really struggling.
Dagenham have to sell players in January to survive.
Wrexham stopped their academy, only a youth team.
They need to go up as well.

It's all about money and how it's distributed in the lower leagues, unless you have like FGR, someone willing to spend a lot of money on maybe getting up into the league.
One premiership players (someone like pogba!) wages for a month. Is more than any lower league would spend in a season.