2018/19 Football Season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So has ours at port vale!

Onwards to our rearranged match at home to Northampton on Tuesday. Weather permitting!

Good luck to all our teams, if you are playing!

Forecast to warm up by Tuesday so you should be ok.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
That's what we need a striker. Mind you we just taken a couple of players on loan but probably too late to save our season.
We have two strikers who haven’t scored in 25 and 35 league matches respectively. And a youngster the boss won’t play.

We create little because we have useless wingers and a defence minded midfield.

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have two strikers who haven’t scored in 25 and 35 league matches respectively. And a youngster the boss won’t play.

We create little because we have useless wingers and a defence minded midfield.

Something not right there then.

Reactions: Patrick66

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Something not right there then.
Yep.

Club in chaos. Owner trying to sell but always has an excuse not too. Wants too much money. We were under embargo until 10 days before end of window but left it all to the last second again.
And clubs don’t trust us to pay them money for players after the Christian Doidge/Forest Green debacle.
And now the owners blamed the fans for having to pay a £20k police bill because we protested. Nightmare.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I don't know what Sarri said to his Chelsea players the other night after they got battered 4-0 by Bournemouth but it seems to have had an effect cos they have battered us 5-0. What a good hiding and it now takes us to the worst GD in that league. 12 points adrift now with another possible battering by Arsenal next week the end is nigh.

Bad luck Saints Burnley equalised last gap attempt. How cruel can you get. :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If I remember the debt was accrued either from relegation from the premiership or from the enormous wage bill that the parachute payments would not cover.

And probably the changing faces in the boardroom. With the death of Philip Garside, the money dried up. (Hope that is right?)
I might not be exact enough, but you can't afford to go down again, but it is likely!

You are in reality, a business going rapidly south faster and not in control!

That is what happened to my club, though slightly different, because our money dried up and our budget was not enough to be viable for a league club.

No investment means no success!
Not many teams survive without a decent cash flow.

And now you are seeing how absurd the money the premiership has and doesn't work for those who don't have financial backing!

Reactions: Cumberland

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I don't know what Sarri said to his Chelsea players the other night after they got battered 4-0 by Bournemouth but it seems to have had an effect cos they have battered us 5-0. What a good hiding and it now takes us to the worst GD in that league. 12 points adrift now with another possible battering by Arsenal next week the end is nigh.

Bad luck Saints Burnley equalised last gap attempt. How cruel can you get. :(
Classic Saints, throwing away the lead in extra time. It's another point but it should have been three. At least Yoshida will be back next week so we won't have to play Stephens in defence again grrrrr....

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has accepted a one-year jail sentence in his tax fraud case with the Spanish state, and has been ordered to pay a €2m (£1.75m) fine.

The 56-year-old, who reached an agreement with tax authorities after being accused of owing nearly €3.3m in undeclared image rights revenue while he was Real Madrid manager in 2011 and 2012, will not serve any time in prison as his sanction is suspended due to the sentence being under two years.

That's mere chicken feed to him :D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep.

Club in chaos. Owner trying to sell but always has an excuse not too. Wants too much money. We were under embargo until 10 days before end of window but left it all to the last second again.
And clubs don’t trust us to pay them money for players after the Christian Doidge/Forest Green debacle.
And now the owners blamed the fans for having to pay a £20k police bill because we protested. Nightmare.

I really feel for you mate. It cant be good for any team to be in that predicament. I hope it all can be sorted and you don't have to drop again.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I remember the debt was accrued either from relegation from the premiership or from the enormous wage bill that the parachute payments would not cover.

And probably the changing faces in the boardroom. With the death of Philip Garside, the money dried up. (Hope that is right?)
I might not be exact enough, but you can't afford to go down again, but it is likely!

That is what happened to my club, though slightly different, because our money dried up and our budget was not enough to be viable for a league club.

And now you are seeing how absurd the money the premiership has and doesn't work for those who don't have financial backing!

That could be us at the end of next season (dropping to League 1) Unless our Deano wakes up and smells the coffee. We need him to spend more money cos as we are finding out life in the Premiership is tough and the Championship can be a challenge as well. Our trouble is we aren't defending as we should do nor are we moving the ball forward enough or indeed hitting the target. Getting close is not good enough and wont win any games. As things stand we cant ever compete with the likes of Man City and Liverpuddle but just to be able to string together a decent team and make it back to the Prem and stay there more than 2 seasons. Ho Hum guess we wait and see :)

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Yeah Eddie Davies died a few years after Phil.

Eddie was our bankroller but he and Phil ran the show for the glory years under Big Sam.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Speculation or rather bookies grasping at straws. That David Wagner would be in line for the manager job at Everton should Marco Silver get the boot. He'd certainly fit in there I reckon not much chance of them ever being relegated.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Police have confirmed the body found in that plane was that of Emiliano Sala. May he rest in peace :( and hope they find the pilots body too. Thoughts go to his family as well as Nante's and Cardiff City.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Police have confirmed the body found in that plane was that of Emiliano Sala. May he rest in peace :( and hope they find the pilots body too. Thoughts go to his family as well as Nante's and Cardiff City.

Well said John

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Apparently, a black armband and a minute silence/applause at PP tomorrow!

R.I.P.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Missed my first game at PP since 2007 last Tuesday, because I was in hospital instead!

Don't know which was worse, the pain or the stress of not being there!

:arghh::nurse::rolleyes:

Are you ok?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Apparently, a black armband and a minute silence/applause at PP tomorrow!

R.I.P.

Same here at BP

A minutes silence for Sala and ex Carlisle defender and club captain Nigel Saddington who sadly passed away this week aged just 53