2018/19 Football Season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The headline of yesterday has to be Wolves beating Man Utd and going through to the Semi's for the first time in 21 years. I hope they make the final. And Swansea nearly dumped the other Manchester team out too.

Reactions: Cumberland

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well we only lost 5-2..

And the takeover has collapsed..

And we face @ winding up order on Wednesday..

Just wind us up, put us into administration, dock us 12 points and have done with it. Players don’t really care or aren’t good enough ...and don’t get paid on time, managers too negative and we’ve got what we deserved.

Its sad when it has to come to that. We nearly went in to administration in 2003 and it was a worrying time indeed. But thanks to one Barry Rubery we were saved. Sure hope that never happens again.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
1-1 better than getting stuffed. still all to play for

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
1-1 better than getting stuffed. still all to play for

Other than Lincoln (again!) Any of the top ten could make it into the playoffs or make a grab for automatic promotion.
Rovers are having a similar exciting run in as last season, which ended in play off final.
It is certainly going to be interesting till the season is over!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Tomorrow, not before 11.30, BWFC will face its umpteenth winding up order..

The EFL don't give a toss about a founder member of the football league. The takeover is now confirmed as off.

A greedy owner, horribly mismanaged finances, players not paid on time, club staff not paid on time, training ground closed due to lack of facilities and money to pay for them, at least 4 winding up orders fought off, terrible football, three wins in twenty odd games, being sued for reneging on a transfer that fell through, fans feeling disillusioned, fans fighting, fans protesting...

But nobody really cares.

A sad indictment of modern football that most rival fans would rather we went out of business, something I would never wish on any other club, anywhere.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen that James Ward-Prowse has been selected for the England Squad. This is mainly because several of the usual suspects are hors de combat, but good for him. Doubtless his being poached by Liverpoo is now just a matter of time .

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Tomorrow, not before 11.30, BWFC will face its umpteenth winding up order..

The EFL don't give a toss about a founder member of the football league. The takeover is now confirmed as off.

A greedy owner, horribly mismanaged finances, players not paid on time, club staff not paid on time, training ground closed due to lack of facilities and money to pay for them, at least 4 winding up orders fought off, terrible football, three wins in twenty odd games, being sued for reneging on a transfer that fell through, fans feeling disillusioned, fans fighting, fans protesting...

But nobody really cares.

A sad indictment of modern football that most rival fans would rather we went out of business, something I would never wish on any other club, anywhere.

Even as your club is going through the grinder and its all doom and gloom.
Only a handful of professional football clubs have actually disappeared.
The 'pheonix' clubs can have a future.
My club has been in financial difficulties for most of its history and we did after 90 years fall out of the football league, clubs in the EFL have bounced back from extinction, and we did have to go through three seasons in the wilderness.
They are many clubs that are getting close to getting in trouble, many due to financial problems, the elite don't help, your own club was bringing in the premiership riches, but a couple of relegation seasons and its all gone pete tong!
Even the elite are finding the fair play rules not to their liking.
Chelsea, man city, are on transfer embargoes.

The explosion of tv money has caused many clubs to prosper, but it does not trickle down to the lower league clubs.

I wouldn't worry too much, it is not the end, just a blip in your history, I remember playing Bolton in the old fourth division before Reebok stadium, before premiership and before sky.

I just wish as a coach and a supporter and a football nut, that the FA was not so elitist.
Grassroots football is dying, when the money runs out, there will still be footie!
But staying competitive in the modern game is going to become very difficult for a lot of those clubs with huge debts and owners that will soon disappear back into their profit margins when the money dries up.

A club like the wanderers, will exist in some form or other playing in whatever league, you support a historic football league club, they need good support and the fans are the club, it's a real cliche. The fans are the most important part of the club. Those that play, manage, own a club have a brief history, support is for life.

You never know we could play each other again quite soon!

And I would not care less in which division that is!

Yours in football!

Regards

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Even as your club is going through the grinder and its all doom and gloom.
Only a handful of professional football clubs have actually disappeared.
The 'pheonix' clubs can have a future.
My club has been in financial difficulties for most of its history and we did after 90 years fall out of the football league, clubs in the EFL have bounced back from extinction, and we did have to go through three seasons in the wilderness.
They are many clubs that are getting close to getting in trouble, many due to financial problems, the elite don't help, your own club was bringing in the premiership riches, but a couple of relegation seasons and its all gone pete tong!
Even the elite are finding the fair play rules not to their liking.
Chelsea, man city, are on transfer embargoes.

The explosion of tv money has caused many clubs to prosper, but it does not trickle down to the lower league clubs.

I wouldn't worry too much, it is not the end, just a blip in your history, I remember playing Bolton in the old fourth division before Reebok stadium, before premiership and before sky.

I just wish as a coach and a supporter and a football nut, that the FA was not so elitist.
Grassroots football is dying, when the money runs out, there will still be footie!
But staying competitive in the modern game is going to become very difficult for a lot of those clubs with huge debts and owners that will soon disappear back into their profit margins when the money dries up.

A club like the wanderers, will exist in some form or other playing in whatever league, you support a historic football league club, they need good support and the fans are the club, it's a real cliche. The fans are the most important part of the club. Those that play, manage, own a club have a brief history, support is for life.

You never know we could play each other again quite soon!

And I would not care less in which division that is!

Yours in football!

Regards
If we go tomorrow then I don’t think we will come back. I don’t think the community cares enough to rebuild because the grounds in the wrong place and a nightmare to get too so, low crowds now, non existent then.
I’m just frustrated that the owner has held out for stupid sums and not gone the extra mile to keep us going. It’s been one thing after another and people are fed up with it.

As we are almost down I would settle for administration and the twelve point deduction.

We will see.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, 14 days in which to sort the matter out..

A new buyer...apparently..

BWFC live to fight another day...

Hopefully it will get sorted out. Good luck. Its awful for a club to be facing administration. We did in 2003 but got saved and bounced back up. We are now preparing for life back in the Championship which can also be a tough league. Hopefully we wont slide down to League 1. If we do we do. As the great Jimmy Greave's once said. "Its a funny old game is football" How right he is.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
England did well last night beat the Czech republic 5-0 nice going.

Good luck to all those playing today. Hope your team wins. No game for us today.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Home to Cambridge United this afternoon
10 mins to kick off and the stands looking a bit sparse

Come on 3 points please

Reactions: Johnboy412

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
IMG_1553356857.232024.jpg

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ah, at least we didnt lose yesterday!

I know we didn’t actually have a match but hey, with Bolton anything is possible!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another three great points!
Six wins on the trot!
I'm pinching myself, could we do back to back promotions?
Still trying not to think about it!
One game at a time!

Next up, some northerners, that are also covered by this thread.
@Cumberland should be a good game!!!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Another three great points!
Six wins on the trot!
I'm pinching myself, could we do back to back promotions?
Still trying not to think about it!
One game at a time!

Next up, some northerners, that are also covered by this thread.
@Cumberland should be a good game!!!

We will roll over on our backs for you and your winning streak will continue
We’ve gone off the boil only 1 win in 9