40 miles in the Lincolnshire countryside today

7hrs 50,

13th of 107 overall.

Chuffed with that considering my achilles problems

It hurt

Reactions: 11 people
C

catherinecherub

Well done, you must be pleased with yourself. What an achievement.:)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
very pleased given the injury going into it.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
40 miles in the Lincolnshire countryside today

7hrs 50,

13th of 107 overall.

Chuffed with that considering my achilles problems

It hurt

That's brilliant ElyDave! Congratulations!
How did your BG management go? What did you eat to keep you going?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Report adn BG details will appear over the next few days, just been down at my sister's since Saturday and didn't have the exercise BG meter with me

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wondered what was causing the hold up on the M180. :)

Claralilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow what an inspirational story! I've only recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and am now on insulin 4 weeks down the line, they now unsure if I'm type 1 so waiting on test results. I'm also an active athlete, having completed a 50 mile run across the South Downs in April followed by an ironman in June. I got diagnosed 5 days before my ironman and was advised not to do it but as I'd done all my training and worked so bloody hard I wasn't going to pull out no way! I completed it fine anyways. Now however I'm starting to realise how complex this illness is, and I'm struggling a great deal to come to terms and accept it. Reading ur blog has totally restored my faith that once I have everything under control I will be back out in the field again doing my favourite 'extreme' racing. Glad I joined this site now I was having a rubbish day!! Thanks for the interesting read and a massive well done for ur achievement :)
Clara

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow what an inspirational story! I've only recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and am now on insulin 4 weeks down the line, they now unsure if I'm type 1 so waiting on test results. I'm also an active athlete, having completed a 50 mile run across the South Downs in April followed by an ironman in June. I got diagnosed 5 days before my ironman and was advised not to do it but as I'd done all my training and worked so bloody hard I wasn't going to pull out no way! I completed it fine anyways. Now however I'm starting to realise how complex this illness is, and I'm struggling a great deal to come to terms and accept it. Reading ur blog has totally restored my faith that once I have everything under control I will be back out in the field again doing my favourite 'extreme' racing. Glad I joined this site now I was having a rubbish day!! Thanks for the interesting read and a massive well done for ur achievement :)
Clara

It takes a bit of time, but if you can put the discipline into training for a 50 or an IM, you'll pick it up and get there eventually. I was like you, diagnosed June 2013, 7 weeks before an attempted 70-miler last August and three days after a 23-mile fell race. Didn't make the 70 that time due to a knee injury at about 25 miles.

Iron Man - very impressive, I'd love a bash at something like that but my swimming is awful.