47 - I Got To 47 :)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So I got my latest hba1c results at my diabetic clinic at the hospital this morning and it was even better than last time - down from 49 to 47 :) - the 49 was Nov last year, the 47 was 2 weeks ago (previous to that it had been mid 50's to mid 60's for a number of years)
In other words I actually achieved a pre-diabetes number - not something I ever ever thought I'd get - so I'm a happy bunny - ok happier than normal, I still whinge and complain a lot about everything.

I put this entirely down to having the Libre, since I can see what's going on and it has made me test a lot more often than I used to - I use to have dubious levels of control for many many years with fewer tests than avdised by a long way - it's only taken 40 years to get to good numbers lol.

Also they're going to write a letter to my docs to suggest that Fiasp should be prescribed instead of Novosluggish as its annoying me something rotten (sometimes takes about 6 hours to do its work - not helpful) - will have to chase the docs next week.

And yes I realise its not a non-diabetic number, but I suspect I will never get there without an artificial pancreas (or other tech - they wont let me have a pump) - so I count 47 as a success :)

PS. sorry if this post seems disjointed at times - that's just how my brain works - also I'm in a rush cos my power will disappear anytime after 5 mins from now (new elec meter being installed this afternoon) and my work laptops battery died yesterday so doesn't work without being plugged in anymore.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
So I got my latest hba1c results at my diabetic clinic at the hospital this morning and it was even better than last time - down from 49 to 47 :) - the 49 was Nov last year, the 47 was 2 weeks ago (previous to that it had been mid 50's to mid 60's for a number of years)
In other words I actually achieved a pre-diabetes number - not something I ever ever thought I'd get - so I'm a happy bunny - ok happier than normal, I still whinge and complain a lot about everything.

I put this entirely down to having the Libre, since I can see what's going on and it has made me test a lot more often than I used to - I use to have dubious levels of control for many many years with fewer tests than avdised by a long way - it's only taken 40 years to get to good numbers lol.

Also they're going to write a letter to my docs to suggest that Fiasp should be prescribed instead of Novosluggish as its annoying me something rotten (sometimes takes about 6 hours to do its work - not helpful) - will have to chase the docs next week.

And yes I realise its not a non-diabetic number, but I suspect I will never get there without an artificial pancreas (or other tech - they wont let me have a pump) - so I count 47 as a success :)

PS. sorry if this post seems disjointed at times - that's just how my brain works - also I'm in a rush cos my power will disappear anytime after 5 mins from now (new elec meter being installed this afternoon) and my work laptops battery died yesterday so doesn't work without being plugged in anymore.
WOW. Brilliant result there :)
A BIG pat on the back for you @Rokaab

Reactions: Rokaab

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Smashing result, great work!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thanks, though admittedly it's still nowhere near a flattish line on my Libre, its still rather roller-coastery - I think the lows cancel out the highs - d'oh!
With a HBA1C that good, I bet your roller coaster is like a little squibble compared to my troughs and mountains lol

Reactions: Muneeb and Rokaab

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
With a HBA1C that good, I bet your roller coaster is like a little squibble compared to my troughs and mountains lol
Unfortunately some of the mountains are indeed still mountains, at 9am this morning - ie. about 2 hours after breakfast it was at about 17 give or take, it then started to drop down, was down to about 9 by lunchtime (12:45 - ie 5.5 hours after brekky) and now its going up again (14 so far) - d'oh - and it was actually a very low carb lunch - bacon and eggs followed by a yogurt (it was a petit filous fromage frais) - so 9 carbs for the yogurt!
Though I think today is one of my BS's awkward days - some days my BS is just **** awkward and doesn't play fair.

Hopefully Fiasp will help with the mountains.

Reactions: Alison54321

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Great work - the Libre is a tool and you are the one using it to improve things. Well done @Rokaab

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done @Rokaab Every success should be celebrated and this is a result of the effort you put into it :)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done @Rokaab Every success should be celebrated and this is a result of the effort you put into it :)
Thanks, though I think the really hot weather and probably a few too many vodka and diet cokes helped - well it did seem to calm down the mountains and kept things a lot more level than normal - though I don't think the NHS will pay for a holiday home for me :p

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s great news @Rokaab well done indeed. All that hard work over the years has paid off - a celebratory vodka and diet coke for you this evening?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
a celebratory vodka and diet coke for you this evening?
Hehe, not tonight, tomorrow yes though - friday night is gaming night (boardgaming and wargaming) and the place where I play said games is right next to the local social club, so as well as it being gaming night its also cheap drinks night - and I normally get a lift there.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hehe, not tonight, tomorrow yes though - friday night is gaming night (boardgaming and wargaming) and the place where I play said games is right next to the local social club, so as well as it being gaming night its also cheap drinks night - and I normally get a lift there.

All good then - enjoy your well earned treat!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I realise I'm resurrecting my old thread, but I'm feeling even more smug now :)
Had another HbA1c (they wanted one 3 months after the carb counting course - so the one in August for the diabetic clinic woulda been too early), and these are my results:
HbA1c.PNG

So yeah, I'm surprised.

I think the fact that my basal was reduced whilst at the carb counting course may have really helped as it probably means less going low overnight followed by highs, changing to Fiasp about a month ago may or may not have helped - bit chaotic at times but when it works it does work very nicely - though sometimes it can be nearly as sluggish as Novosluggish - I think it's currently thinking about maybe doing something after lunch (which was 2.5 hours ago ...).

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I realise I'm resurrecting my old thread, but I'm feeling even more smug now :)
Had another HbA1c (they wanted one 3 months after the carb counting course - so the one in August for the diabetic clinic woulda been too early), and these are my results:
View attachment 29183

So yeah, I'm surprised.

I think the fact that my basal was reduced whilst at the carb counting course may have really helped as it probably means less going low overnight followed by highs, changing to Fiasp about a month ago may or may not have helped - bit chaotic at times but when it works it does work very nicely - though sometimes it can be nearly as sluggish as Novosluggish - I think it's currently thinking about maybe doing something after lunch (which was 2.5 hours ago ...).

What a star! Congratulations.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks guys/girls :)
Now I've just gotta try and keep it at that level - and hope it wasn't a one off fluke :)

Cam2000

Thanks guys/girls :)
Now I've just gotta try and keep it at that level - and hope it wasn't a one off fluke :)

Ayyyy, I’m glad you are happy with that score. You should be anyways, after all you are in the green target zoneI got mines back last month. I’ve gone 3years in the mid 40’s now with 45 being my most recent.