A diet that’s worked for me

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ho everyone thought I’d post a little update, so was diagnosed in March with a1c of 8.4 then 7.7 three weeks after the first...I started slimmingworld and in 3 months I lost 1.5 stone and my a1c came back as 5! I was regularly testing my blood sugar, I found per meal I could eat up to 70g carbs (complex not simple) with my blood sugars staying below 7.8 with the odd rise to an 8/8.5.

I still do slimming world and have now lost 3 stone 2 lbs.
for the past 9 weeks i have been following a low fat vegan diet, and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for my health.
I now eat upto 300grams of carbs per day and around 30/40g of fat or less. My blood sugars in the morning are around 4.4-5.2 my blood sugars are always in range.
I did a lot of research on how a vegan diet is good for diabetes, and I’m so happy I’ve found something that works for me :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm glad for you that you have found a diet that works for you just don't forget to take your B12 supplements.:)

Reactions: jjraak

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ho everyone thought I’d post a little update, so was diagnosed in March with a1c of 8.4 then 7.7 three weeks after the first...I started slimmingworld and in 3 months I lost 1.5 stone and my a1c came back as 5! I was regularly testing my blood sugar, I found per meal I could eat up to 70g carbs (complex not simple) with my blood sugars staying below 7.8 with the odd rise to an 8/8.5.

I still do slimming world and have now lost 3 stone 2 lbs.
for the past 9 weeks i have been following a low fat vegan diet, and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for my health.
I now eat upto 300grams of carbs per day and around 30/40g of fat or less. My blood sugars in the morning are around 4.4-5.2 my blood sugars are always in range.
I did a lot of research on how a vegan diet is good for diabetes, and I’m so happy I’ve found something that works for me :)

Hi Jessielouiseb - Well done on your finding on veganism for yourself. We all have to find what works for us.

Did you perchance have a set of blood tests done, befre starting your vegan diet, so that you can track, over the longer term any impacts on your oeverall health?

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jessielouiseb - Well done on your finding on veganism for yourself. We all have to find what works for us.

Did you perchance have a set of blood tests done, befre starting your vegan diet, so that you can track, over the longer term any impacts on your oeverall health?

My last blood test was done in June which came back normal which was about a month or 2 before going vegan, I am due to have a blood test in December, my doctor didn’t feel the need of me having a blood test every 3 months.
Do doctors usually print them out if I ask?, I’ve not seen any of my body test results properly

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My last blood test was done in June which came back normal which was about a month or 2 before going vegan, I am due to have a blood test in December, my doctor didn’t feel the need of me having a blood test every 3 months.
Do doctors usually print them out if I ask?, I’ve not seen any of my body test results properly

What does normal mean? Normal, like a person without diabetes, or something different?

For me, personally, I like to see the numbers, then do my research to assess how good, or less good, any number is.

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What does normal mean? Normal, like a person without diabetes, or something different?

For me, personally, I like to see the numbers, then do my research to assess how good, or less good, any number is.
Normal as in non diabetic numbers, my a1c was 5%.
Next Time I go in for my test I will ask for copies of my previous results.