"A new you in 42"

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I told everyone on my education course about this amazing website and this thread. I also argued the case for LCHF and they agreed that my weight loss and hba1c were impressive .....but they hoped I'd eat more carbs from now on! :banghead: Needless to say I'm still low carbing! Got into another size 16 dress today! Still can't get into the size 16 fat face dress but it's hanging there as inspiration!

why do they want you to eat more carbs? I'm hoping one day when all my weight is gone to have the occasional foray into the dark side but surely as a regular thing, it is a big no no for us? At least my GP seems anti-carb.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Holy smoke - butt workout of death!:arghh:
She deserves a great bum after that. I think I might have managed ..... 5 seconds before my hubbie would need to call the paramedics! Dear God! Total respect!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
why do they want you to eat more carbs? I'm hoping one day when all my weight is gone to have the occasional foray into the dark side but surely as a regular thing, it is a big no no for us? At least my GP seems anti-carb.
Had hypo after course. :( ate food and got back up to 6 . Dropped again. Ate Mars bar cake. Back to 5.9 but dropped to 5.5

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had you not eaten? Or eaten enough? Ok as an emergency fix, carbs are fine, but surely packing them away day in day out would just swing you in the opposite direction? I can't wait for my Desmond course- I hope it's not run by the same dietician twit that signed my autistic son off his books with the words. " everyone's a bit autistic when it comes to food." 14 years later he still has the diet of a T2 in the making.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Had you not eaten? Or eaten enough? Ok as an emergency fix, carbs are fine, but surely packing them away day in day out would just swing you in the opposite direction? I can't wait for my Desmond course- I hope it's not run by the same dietician twit that signed my autistic son off his books with the words. " everyone's a bit autistic when it comes to food." 14 years later he still has the diet of a T2 in the making.
Just a normal day. Don't normally have lunch not normally hungry. Good cooked breakfast as always. Shouldn't have had homemade cake but not going to beat self up too much. Diabetes is weird! Hope your Desmond course is helpful. Take care?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I told everyone on my education course about this amazing website and this thread. I also argued the case for LCHF and they agreed that my weight loss and hba1c were impressive .....but they hoped I'd eat more carbs from now on! :banghead: Needless to say I'm still low carbing! Got into another size 16 dress today! Still can't get into the size 16 fat face dress but it's hanging there as inspiration!

Well done Scandichic.

I had been worried about whether the course leader would get out in one piece today.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1hr walking round house and gardens at Sizergh Castle- trying to get money's worth out of the NT membership we took out last year.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can report an hour intense water work out, with a very good instructor who knows how to get the most work out of us big folks. Moved for the whole hour, even doing some exercises similar to the butt workout Jamrox posted earlier. Easier to move in the water, and I imagine I looked just like the lass in the film.

Reactions: 7 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Erm...I am still here in spirit though am not doing much exercise :( The guy at work I have been covering for for over a week has a manual job as opposed to my sitting-on-ma-bahookie-all-day type job, so I am moving about more than usual I guess.

Keep up the good work everyone! *shakes pompoms*

Reactions: 7 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yet another 45 minute walk at lunchtime. Cooler than yesterday, but at least it was dry.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, I am back to 'normal' now. Done my 30 mins ironing and 30 mins walk. I hope I wake up really early tomorrow so I can start walking mornings again.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...drizzly walk right through lunch hour today.......

....think I'm going to have to step it up a bit, my partner in crime at work is off for ten days from tomorrow so I'll be on my own every afternoon, can't move as its a switchboard, so I'll be buttbound for half the day for a while...more exercise when I get home methinks...

...Pipp well done on your pool marathon and I love what you use the supermarket for!! :D I just drool at whats on the shelves...:cool:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...drizzly walk right through lunch hour today.......

....think I'm going to have to step it up a bit, my partner in crime at work is off for ten days from tomorrow so I'll be on my own every afternoon, can't move as its a switchboard, so I'll be buttbound for half the day for a while...more exercise when I get home methinks...

...Pipp well done on your pool marathon and I love what you use the supermarket for!! :D I just drool at whats on the shelves...:cool:
I only go to the veg aisle these days. Oh and the skimmed milk for Newcastle dirt
Seriously considering lchf?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only go to the veg aisle these days. Oh and the skimmed milk for Newcastle dirt
Seriously considering lchf?
Oops! I mean Newcastle diet!
Hahaha. Freudian slip?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Im annoyed because the hotel wifi is rubbish so ill need to wait until tomorrow;:( . Intrigued now lol

On a positive note walked around Edinburgh at lunchtime and after the conference.
Its a lovely night in Edinburgh but Im done in so after completing day 16 im watching tv "happy Valley" it's a great show.

Will be glad to get home to my blueberry breakfast and my salad lunch

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App