Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Im lying on my bed watching people walk up Carlton hill in Edinburgh, I feel guilty because I planned to do that tonight.
Have to watch happy Valley though so ill give it a miss and chill.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20 minute walk this morning. Gardening this afternoon, carrying very heavy pots from front to back garden and interspersed with sitting watching 2 baby blackbirds on the patio being fed by their dad. Magical. Then another walk intended to be 20 minutes but met a neighbour so stopped to chat. Also have to stop to say hello to the various animals we meet - ponies, donkeys, pigs, goats, fancy hens, ducks, geese. So not really a continuous brisk walk I'm afraid.

I'm recording Happy Valley, please don't say how it ends!

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Various walks with luggage on and off trains, 30 minutes at lunchtime and 30 from office to hotel. Tired today, weather seems very close.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
20 minute walk this morning. Gardening this afternoon, carrying very heavy pots from front to back garden and interspersed with sitting watching 2 baby blackbirds on the patio being fed by their dad. Magical. Then another walk intended to be 20 minutes but met a neighbour so stopped to chat. Also have to stop to say hello to the various animals we meet - ponies, donkeys, pigs, goats, fancy hens, ducks, geese. So not really a continuous brisk walk I'm afraid.

I'm recording Happy Valley, please don't say how it ends!

Its all about the activity.
Sshhhhh happy Valley .Love it

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Various walks with luggage on and off trains, 30 minutes at lunchtime and 30 from office to hotel. Tired today, weather seems very close.

Where are you sanguine?
I feel your pain.
Can't wait to get home tomorrow

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Usual walk to Lidl. Milk this time. Bs went to 10 after last meal so went for walk. Now 4.3. Not feeling too good.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That reminds me, I managed to carry/drag my own case and hand luggage from the airport, on and off underground trains and up and down lots of steps on holiday......that's the first time I have done that for 10 years.

Reactions: 4 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the boss was behaving a bit better today.

Didn't see him much today, but have worked out a strategy to deal with the problems he causes. As an aside, I've also scared the colleague I work most closely with as I've told her I'm tempted to talk to our pensions department about early retirement! Our boss can be incredibly difficult at times so we agreed a deal a few years ago where she made me promise I wouldn't retire early as we rely on each other as a mutual support mechanism. Her side of the deal is not to have another child!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm in Kent atm Jamrox, back home to Devon Thursday evening. Office is on 11th floor, wondering whether I can climb the stairs!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm in Kent atm Jamrox, back home to Devon Thursday evening. Office is on 11th floor, wondering whether I can climb the stairs!

If you can climb 11 flights of stairs I will be very impressed.
Think I could make 5 lol

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We'll see in the morning - 30 minute walk just to get there!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I go up and down all the aisles because Pedro likes the exercise....OCD?
Maybe I need to get a pedro. Used to have one, but then I used to be able to walk miles.
Perhaps it would be an incentive to increase distance, even if my slow pace and staggering gait don't count as exercise according to physio.
Not going to make a pledge on here to get a pedro though. My obsession is around never backing down when I have said I will do something.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
40 minutes brisk walk this evening. Oh, and 10 minutes YouTube Zumba in my classroom at lunchtime, followed by some YouTube tai chi. :)

Liking the diversity. New types of exercise stuff apparently shocks your body into burning more calories.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That reminds me, I managed to carry/drag my own case and hand luggage from the airport, on and off underground trains and up and down lots of steps on holiday......that's the first time I have done that for 10 years.
Hurrah, unexpected exercise!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't see him much today, but have worked out a strategy to deal with the problems he causes. As an aside, I've also scared the colleague I work most closely with as I've told her I'm tempted to talk to our pensions department about early retirement! Our boss can be incredibly difficult at times so we agreed a deal a few years ago where she made me promise I wouldn't retire early as we rely on each other as a mutual support mechanism. Her side of the deal is not to have another child!
I recommend retirement. If colleague is young enough to have another child she will probably still have at least 30 years before she can retire. So she will have to learn to work without you sometime.

Callous? Me? You bet. If you have reared a family and still have enough health left to enjoy life, grab a pension while you can, run for your life, and don't stop til out of sight of difficult managers.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Usual walk to Lidl. Milk this time. Bs went to 10 after last meal so went for walk. Now 4.3. Not feeling too good.
Hi Scandichic,
Sorry you've had erratic bloods today :( You must be feeling pretty fed up with that.
Can I just check - is it only metformin you're taking? I didn't think you could hypo on metformin - only insulin or secretagogues. Apologies for the question - I'm still learning here.:confused:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hi Scandichic,
Sorry you've had erratic bloods today :( You must be feeling pretty fed up with that.
Can I just check - is it only metformin you're taking? I didn't think you could hypo on metformin - only insulin or secretagogues. Apologies for the question - I'm still learning here.:confused:
Yes you can . According to nurse, weight loss can cause it to happen. Need to go. Still feel funny and hard to type