A Public Answer......

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The people never actually post on the forum. Just send private conversations and disappear. I have no doubt others receive them too. If I felt threatened I would report them. It isn't anything like as bad here as other forums I've used in the past :).
You might not feel threatened others might, it would be better to report them so at least that incarnation can be banned.

Reactions: 7 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Reactions: 6 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I guess we're diamonds to some folks and stones to others-can't win 'em all I guess! ;)

Reactions: 6 people

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
You'd be amazed at who has sent me abusive PM's in the past ...

If you're getting them it means you are making a difference so keep it up!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
You'd be amazed at who has sent me abusive PM's in the past ...

If you're getting them it means you are making a difference so keep it up!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Gosh, I'd never thought of it like that! A nice positive thought. Thanks xyzzy :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I knew I was on the right path when I received my first slagging off on the now dead 'Carbophile' blog by anonymous posters(No surprises there eh!;))
I wore that as a medal of honour. lol

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hope you're ok! :(

Reactions: 2 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Private messages (PM's) or conversations call them what you like should be as the name suggests "PRIVATE" and it is very bad form to post one to the open forum.

If you receive a PM that you feel is inappropriate then forward it to a moderator or Giverny thats what they are there for.

To post this on the open forum and mock the sender for his appearance is outrageous and if you are not sure if the PM is genuine then a courteous reply saying that you dont know anything about the condition would have been a better thing to do, of course you could also have reported it if you think that it was improper but from what you have posted it sounds like a genuine request for help to me.

And how is it possible for a member who has never posted to send PM's? You always had to have made 5 posts to use the PM feature? If that is no longer the case then it should be rectified immediately if only to stop spam.

This whole thread should be removed IMHO.

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
If you saw the rest of the post and the others I've received from various anonymous people you may be even more shocked!!
Sorry if I rushed to judgment. From the part you posted (which I assumed was the whole PM), your public post did seem unkind, which shocked me because from your other posts you aren't an unkind person; but clearly I didn't know the context. Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad my first impression of you was right!

Kate

Reactions: 2 people

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But on the plus side, you posted a reference to my all time favourite poem.

"Toads" by Philip Larkin is pretty good too, and goes someway to explain why I am pottering about in rock pools and squandering my pension pot (thanks Chancellor) rather than working. And reading this forum too, obviously...

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wonder if people would consider editing out the name of the condition I worry that this thread would come up on a search by someone affected. It is an 'other' cause of diabetes's

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Private messages (PM's) or conversations call them what you like should be as the name suggests "PRIVATE" and it is very bad form to post one to the open forum.

If you receive a PM that you feel is inappropriate then forward it to a moderator or Giverny thats what they are there for.

To post this on the open forum and mock the sender for his appearance is outrageous and if you are not sure if the PM is genuine then a courteous reply saying that you dont know anything about the condition would have been a better thing to do, of course you could also have reported it if you think that it was improper but from what you have posted it sounds like a genuine request for help to me.

And how is it possible for a member who has never posted to send PM's? You always had to have made 5 posts to use the PM feature? If that is no longer the case then it should be rectified immediately if only to stop spam.

This whole thread should be removed IMHO.
Good points made you have to make 5 posts first....so how did this happen....

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Sadly I've had a message by a person who never posted and was never seen again afterwards so it's not secure by any means.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I wonder if people would consider editing out the name of the condition I worry that this thread would come up on a search by someone affected. It is an 'other' cause of diabetes's
I have deleted the name of the condition as it doesn't really affect this thread as it was more to do with the PM than the content. Some good points made here but I do think it may be better to report any PM's of concern in the future as not everyone may be as strong as yourself Beachbag ( not sure if strong is the right word lol but couldn't think of a better one ! ) and may worry unduly.
Mo