A small victory

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Now I wouldn't say that I talk about nutrition and health with my family a lot...

Okay that's a lie. I don't stop talking about it.

But today was a win for me, my Dad whom is Type 2 like myself but for a lot longer was talking to me about his bodybuilding days and the subject of breakfast came up because I get REALLY concerned about him eating oats in the morning. Admitting to myself and my Grandmother that he usually just forces it down because he's not hungry in the morning so what did I say? "Just don't eat then, do a me and do 16:8 fasting." And he actually said yes, he's just going to have some coffee and leave it at that!

Suddenly so proud of him for doing this! Now to banish the carbs from the house... :angelic:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wonderful! Eating when not hungry, poor man.
Just to make sure, he isn't on sulfonylurea's or insulin, is he? If he is he should be careful not to go hypo when he suddenly skips all those carbs in the morning.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wonderful! Eating when not hungry, poor man.
Just to make sure, he isn't on sulfonylurea's or insulin, is he? If he is he should be careful not to go hypo when he suddenly skips all those carbs in the morning.
Just metformin and exenatide (GLP-1) so he should be fine there. I’m hoping we can help get him off the second. He used to prescribe to the Eatwell but seeing how well I’m doing he’s going back to his bodybuilding outlook.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I think you deserve a major victory claim, rather than a small one. Awesome job.

Reactions: Shas3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a victory! Well done! I am the only type 2 in my family but I’m sure I would do the same if I was in your position.

Reactions: Shas3

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Baby steps. Well done!
That's great news, well done.
I think you deserve a major victory claim, rather than a small one. Awesome job.
What a victory! Well done! I am the only type 2 in my family but I’m sure I would do the same if I was in your position.
Thank you all so much! Yeah I know of my Dad and my Auntie that have it so I am going to keep spreading the word and hey, can't be any worse than complications down the line.

The "steak and egg diet" used to be a standard option for body builders.
Ironically Vince Gironda the Iron Guru himself came up in conversation, I think that's been one of the reasons he's been semi-supporting my change to Keto because he knows of that regime.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I have been doing a similar kind of thing with my family. There's just me with T2 but I'm doing everything I can to educate them to ward off the possibility of my children or grandchildren developing T2.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Now I wouldn't say that I talk about nutrition and health with my family a lot...

But today was a win for me, my Dad whom is Type 2 like myself but for a lot longer was talking to me about his bodybuilding days and the subject of breakfast came up because I get REALLY concerned about him eating oats in the morning. Admitting to myself and my Grandmother that he usually just forces it down because he's not hungry in the morning so what did I say? "Just don't eat then, do a me and do 16:8 fasting." And he actually said yes, he's just going to have some coffee and leave it at that!

Suddenly so proud of him for doing this! Now to banish the carbs from the house... :angelic:

And just like that, snap of the fingers and he commits to trying it.... small victory, it may be a bit bigger then you think?

Good job, I'm sure you're pretty happy!

aealexandrou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise

Congratulations. It is so frustrating when those around you insist, no matter what you tell them, that they must have their breakfast in the morning, no matter what, and don't get me started on those oats and porridge's.