A year without a Cappuccino

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One thing I miss on the Keto diet is I am not allowed to touch milk. Is there any type of milk alternative that can be expanded like normal milk?

Reactions: jpscloud

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One thing I miss on the Keto diet is I am not allowed to touch milk. Is there any type of milk alternative that can be expanded like normal milk?

You could water your cream down? I know my colleague, @Brunneria dilues cream for hot chocolate sometimes. I don't know if she uses a milk frother though.

@ianpspurs has a very smarty velvetiser, but I can't remember what he velvetises in it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I use an ‘aerolatte’ And a good dollop of double cream for low carb hot choc. Never tried to froth cream in coffee though. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could water your cream down? I know my colleague, @Brunneria dilues cream for hot chocolate sometimes. I don't know if she uses a milk frother though.

@ianpspurs has a very smarty velvetiser, but I can't remember what he velvetises in it.
Cocoa using combo of almond milk, cream sometimes, and soy milk - takes 2 goes for my kinda cup. The Hotel Chocolat version is the Dualit one which is available from John Lewis much cheaper. Mrs P uses it for the milk for her lattes. Soy milk froths better than almond but both do well especially with 30 mls double cream.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Barista style fake milks are available for this but I bet they’ve got some dodgy ingredients in them.

Reactions: 1spuds

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not go to coffee places, so I am not quite sure what it is you miss - but if it is frothy coffee, just put some thick cream into a narrow container, add warm water and stick in a hand held blender - I have a Bamix and use the aerator blade, then pour it onto your coffee in a mug.

Reactions: 1spuds

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have found that unsweetened coconut milk froths well, watch the labels but I get Koko from Tesco which is 0.2g carbs per 100mls, it’s very weakly coconut flavoured so with a good strong coffee it’s fine.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi there. I have an espresso coffee maker with an attached milk frother. I fill the frother with cream and it froths it perfectly (same as milk), my daily cappuccino is a must (sometimes 2 a day)! Hope this helps.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since I started using cream in my coffee I skin get mixed cappuccinos at all - got one the other week and it didn't really hit the spot like it used to. Cream is the way to go!

Reactions: Carl13128

sunny_alice

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Look into Fairlife milk. My dietician recommended it. It's real cow's milk that's been separated by ultrafiltration into different components, and then recombined to change its nutritional profile.

I do not go to coffee places, so I am not quite sure what it is you miss - but if it is frothy coffee, just put some thick cream into a narrow container, add warm water and stick in a hand held blender - I have a Bamix and use the aerator blade, then pour it onto your coffee in a mug.

This one is delicious. So thanks for sharing!

Last edited: