Accu Chek complimentary Batteries and Control solution

Klang180

Hello

Just wanted to make you aware of something i was not aware of until this morning when my new Nano meter arrived.

Roche provide complimentary batteries and control solution amongst other things if you do use one of their meters. I am sure there is something in it for them but it is still good service and enables you to keep your meter in tip top condition free of charge. You do need to register but it didn't take me too long.

Go to the Accu Chek website link below for more info.

https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/myaccuchek/orderaccessories.html

regards

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Thanks for posting this useful information. I guess it keeps you using their meter and, more importantly, their test sticks - keeping their income up!!

Regards

Doug

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Always found the customer service at Roche excellent and very prompt at sending out batteries etc.

Most of the meter companies supply free batteries and control solution to people who register their meter, the money is in the sale of the test strips whether its through the NHS or over the counter sales, except for my very first meter I've never had to buy one since, the DSN's at my local hospital have a cupboard full of bg meters given to them free by the travelling reps.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Yes, they are very good and I use their freephone service.

The last time I asked for a new battery I happened to mention it was the same as in my car key remote and I would need to buy one as it was running low. Don't buy one said the lady and I was sent two .. now howzat for service :wink: :thumbup: ... :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hobs said:
The last time I asked for a new battery I happened to mention it was the same as in my car key remote and I would need to buy one as it was running low. Don't buy one said the lady and I was sent two .. now howzat for service :wink: :thumbup: ... :D

The batteries in the Accu-Chek Nano were the same as I use in my Salter Kitchen Scales :D

No good now as I use the Bayer USB meter.

You can get then every three months as well so dont forget :wink:

Accu-Chek have been very good for us as well..

When my sons meter was resetting itself I rang them and had a new one sent to us two days later, we have a spare but prefer the nano.

Excellent customer sevice :clap:

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello. Just to point out I applied for and abbotcare freedom insulinx free the other week and lo and behold it arrived not one of their cheapest either also got 30 test strips with it. One of the best features is that it comes with usb connector and software to monitor readings and if activated by your Diabetic nurse can help you with reccomending you doses of fast acting insulin. So if you are type 1 and taking insulin check this link out

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/promotions/fr ... ulinx.html

Simon aka Cobra3164

elainechi

we.ve used several makes of meter and have always been able to get free batteries for the meters ...also free finger prickers xx

Klang180

Haha so my discovery was old news, oh well. I assumed that some people wouldn't know and hopefully it might have helped a couple of people at least.

I have my very first appointment in 10 years at a clinic in 10 days or so, maybe i shoudln't have bought that Nano after all :S

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Klang180 said:
I have my very first appointment in 10 years at a clinic in 10 days or so, maybe i shoudln't have bought that Nano after all :S

Not necessarily as you have the means to test now, still ask your DSN for a meter as it's always best to have a second meter in case of breakage or malfunction etc.

Klang180

noblehead said:
Klang180 said:

Not necessarily as you have the means to test now, still ask your DSN for a meter as it's always best to have a second meter in case of breakage or malfunction etc.

Oh my post may have been confusing but thanks for the advice. I am a T1 and have been for 21yrs and have a couple of Accu Chek Activ meters as well, just wanted something a bit more pocket friendly.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Klang180 said:
Oh my post may have been confusing but thanks for the advice. I am a T1 and have been for 21yrs and have a couple of Accu Chek Activ meters as well, just wanted something a bit more pocket friendly.

I see, if you get the chance ask your DSN if they have a Bayer Contour USB meter, they are quite small and you can plug it straight into your USB port on your computer and download your readings, the lancing device with the Contour isn't up to much so I just use the Multiclik device that came with the Nano.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey. Guys!

Anyone with an AccuChek mobile should be aware that there is a production problem and you can't get the FastClix lancet drums at the moment. The chemist couldn't fulfill my latest prescription, so I rang Roche and they have some stock and have sent me out 3 boxes of 24 drums for free to keep me going. They're hoping the problem will be resolved in a bout 3 weeks, but said I should just ring back for more when I need them. The drums arrived next day, but they say you should allow for up to 5 days for delivery.

Smidge