ADHD, anyone?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm an idiot. No, really. I spent last week trialing generic methylphenidate, and I completely forgot to check what it did with my blood sugars. Checked pulse, checked blood pressure.... Completely forgot to poke!

So here's the thing. In 2005 a shrink diagnosed me with a whole bunch of things, and he pretty much got the main part of it, completely wrong. I don't have a Borderline Personality Disorder. I never did. And the anxiety, panic disorder and depression all resulted from the main culprit, which was entirely overlooked. Quelle surprise when the meds/treatment didn't work! (Which I got blamed for, being an "uncooperative patient"... You don't put an arm in a cast, when the leg's broken!) When certain things happened last year, it finally dawned on me... It's ADHD. My GP agreed, but couldn't officially diagnose nor prescribe. So... Now I've finally gotten through waiting lists and am getting help, it turns out it's not just ADHD, but AuDHD: a combo with autism. That one came entirely out of the blue, but due to some reading material I got from a friend, it immediately made oodles of sense! Palatable relief, to finally know why I don't function around people, why I can't keep our little flat in order, but I can hyperfocus on things like, oh... Diabetes treatment through diet, haha. And cats!!! I have a proper diagnosis at long last, proper help from an entire team at a psych practice.... And the first medication tried was an absolute disaster. Lots of very nasty, mostly painful side effects, even in a low dosage, including an inability to properly urinate. Try not being able to wee when your mouth is cotton-dry and you're drinking lots. As it turns out, after a week of that you can't actually walk properly anymore, because there's so much fluid and pressure in your feet, it'll make you weep to try. I'm very sensitive to side effects and usually get a plethora of them, so I'm a little worried there's nothing out there that'll actually fit me. It's so nice to have a calmer, more focussed mind though... But if it's not meant to be, I'll accept that. I'll try everything I can before throwing in that particular towel, though!

On the 22nd I'm going in for a consult to see what we're going to try next. Is there anyone here who has experience with T2 and ADHD medication? I've had trouble in the past with all types of antidepressants, alas, and now I'm worried the stimulants aren't going to be workable, but the more I know, the better. Anything I should watch out for, ask for? Supplements any good that don't mess with vein width? (Migraines....) I appreciate not all medications may be on offer here in the Netherlands, but you never know.

Anyway, thanks for the read, and any ideas one can toss out there. They're appreciated.
Love,
Jo

PS: So far I've been told that ADHD just "takes a little extra grit", and that it can be solved "with a cold shower in the morning". Yeah. Nope. Diabetes certainly isn't the only thing underestimated by the public at large! ;)

mouseee

I am 99% sure I have ADHD and my life suddenly makes sense. I was researching it for a girl in my class a couple of years ago and then had a slow dawning realisation that I was reading about myself!
It explains why I can get absorbed completely in things and yet can't cope with the kitchen when it's a mess but equally can't do anything about it.
It explains why my conversations veer off in strange directions and why I am constantly berating myself for talking too much at work.
I'm not going to get diagnosed and I don't need meds to function but the understanding of how my brain works (after 50 years!) Is liberating! I can now explain why I do things to both myself and others!
I'd be interested to know if the meds do affect bg.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am 99% sure I have ADHD and my life suddenly makes sense. I was researching it for a girl in my class a couple of years ago and then had a slow dawning realisation that I was reading about myself!
It explains why I can get absorbed completely in things and yet can't cope with the kitchen when it's a mess but equally can't do anything about it.
It explains why my conversations veer off in strange directions and why I am constantly berating myself for talking too much at work.
I'm not going to get diagnosed and I don't need meds to function but the understanding of how my brain works (after 50 years!) Is liberating! I can now explain why I do things to both myself and others!
I'd be interested to know if the meds do affect bg.
I'll try to remember to test next time! :)

But yeah, it is a relief, huh, finally putting the pieces together... After decades of being blamed for all sorts of things, this turns out to be something I can't actually fix without outside help, if it is fixable at all... I can finally stop kicking myself around, which I did a lot more of than I realised. I'm a month away from my 45th birthday and life suddenly makes sense. The weight rolled off of my shoulders is amazing. I never functioned... School was a nightmare, couldn't work in any capacity, never got a drivers license... Always wondering why I was on the planet, if I wasn't doing anything with my life anyway. I know the ADHD thing is more debilitating to some than others, and for me everything just ground to a halt because the autism was a component too. Strange eh, how everything can just suddenly fall into place, even halfway through out lives?! :)

Glad just having answers made such a difference to you, too! For me, it's like breathing for the first time. :)

Anyway, again, will attempt to remember the testing bit, haha. :)
Jo

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm an idiot. No, really. I spent last week trialing generic methylphenidate, and I completely forgot to check what it did with my blood sugars. Checked pulse, checked blood pressure.... Completely forgot to poke!

So here's the thing. In 2005 a shrink diagnosed me with a whole bunch of things, and he pretty much got the main part of it, completely wrong. I don't have a Borderline Personality Disorder. I never did. And the anxiety, panic disorder and depression all resulted from the main culprit, which was entirely overlooked. Quelle surprise when the meds/treatment didn't work! (Which I got blamed for, being an "uncooperative patient"... You don't put an arm in a cast, when the leg's broken!) When certain things happened last year, it finally dawned on me... It's ADHD. My GP agreed, but couldn't officially diagnose nor prescribe. So... Now I've finally gotten through waiting lists and am getting help, it turns out it's not just ADHD, but AuDHD: a combo with autism. That one came entirely out of the blue, but due to some reading material I got from a friend, it immediately made oodles of sense! Palatable relief, to finally know why I don't function around people, why I can't keep our little flat in order, but I can hyperfocus on things like, oh... Diabetes treatment through diet, haha. And cats!!! I have a proper diagnosis at long last, proper help from an entire team at a psych practice.... And the first medication tried was an absolute disaster. Lots of very nasty, mostly painful side effects, even in a low dosage, including an inability to properly urinate. Try not being able to wee when your mouth is cotton-dry and you're drinking lots. As it turns out, after a week of that you can't actually walk properly anymore, because there's so much fluid and pressure in your feet, it'll make you weep to try. I'm very sensitive to side effects and usually get a plethora of them, so I'm a little worried there's nothing out there that'll actually fit me. It's so nice to have a calmer, more focussed mind though... But if it's not meant to be, I'll accept that. I'll try everything I can before throwing in that particular towel, though!

On the 22nd I'm going in for a consult to see what we're going to try next. Is there anyone here who has experience with T2 and ADHD medication? I've had trouble in the past with all types of antidepressants, alas, and now I'm worried the stimulants aren't going to be workable, but the more I know, the better. Anything I should watch out for, ask for? Supplements any good that don't mess with vein width? (Migraines....) I appreciate not all medications may be on offer here in the Netherlands, but you never know.

Anyway, thanks for the read, and any ideas one can toss out there. They're appreciated.
Love,
Jo

PS: So far I've been told that ADHD just "takes a little extra grit", and that it can be solved "with a cold shower in the morning". Yeah. Nope. Diabetes certainly isn't the only thing underestimated by the public at large! ;)
Hi @JoKalsbeek, I was diagnosed with Combined ADHD form about 6 years ago. All the classic symptoms of the disorder and some. I often wonder if I graze the autism spectrum myself due to my ritualized behaviour or is my ritualizing behaviour just a coping strategy I have developed over decades of, well trying to cope with my scattered disorganized brain. I'm highly educated so people do not expect to see such a disorganized individual diagnosed with ADHD. Somehow the uninformed equate ADHD with the funny trope 'squirrel' and everybody laughs. In reality it is a life altering disorder and makes day-to-day living a real challenge. As to your question about ADHD meds, I was on Strattera, a non-stimulant ADHD medication 80mg for several years as I did not want to take a true stimulant such as Adderral. I came off Strattera about 3 years ago, but I have recently been looking to go back on ADHD meds. to make my life easier. I again went on Strattera. Firstly I can tell you that ADHD meds have a lowering effect on blood sugar. I noticed that within days of going back on Strattera - my blood sugars dropped sufficiently to take me from the diabetic range to pre-diabetic .I think it equates to around a 0.5% + drop on your Ac1's. Whilst on Strattera I devoploped Secondary Reynards and so I had to come off it (I am still dealing with secondary reynards so it may have triggered something). The Dr then prescribed me Guanfacine 3mg, that drug dropped my blood pressure to below 80/40 so I came off that one. I am now taking Bupropion 300mg as an off label ADHD med. So far so good apart from some indigestion. This drug, like most ADHD meds is lowering my blood sugars. I can see the difference on my cgm BS readings. I have to be especially vigilant due to my bodY's prepensity for sporadic low blood sugar events, plus on top of that I have unstable blood sugar. So, for me it's about getting the meds that work for you. Great that you have a proper diagnosis.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My grown up son was diagnosed with inattentive adhd last year and as I was asked to fill in a questionnaire about his childhood it dawned on me that I have all the symptom, even my daughter said Mum this is you! Apparently it’s commonly inhertied. I’ve spoken to my GP and I’m booked in for ‘a chat’ with him to take it further. I was reluctant at first as thought I’d be fobbed off as a neurotic old woman but apparently not.
It has as @mouseee has said, explained so much of my life growing up and in adulthood, and although I’m not on medication at the moment because I've read about symptom, strategies and coping mechanisms it’s helping.
I’ve been watching a YouTube channel called The ADHD Adults Podcast which is funny but also informative.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This made me laugh out loud, and yes you're an idiot for not checking BG! :hilarious:

It also means you have come such a long way with your diabetes that you sometimes forget that you have it, having nailed your approach to diabetes. Which is an amazing thing!

I'm so happy you finally decided to turn to the hive mind of the forum with your questions. It may not be diabetes related, but the forum is a very safe space as far as the internet goes, and there are so many people here who want you to do well because you have helped so many of us around here. You're well loved around here, and rightfully so. :joyful:
And of course we have a lot of members with more experience and knowledge about medication than the general public, which may prove useful.

So many helpful replies already from people with similar experiences!
Although it's annoying that you have had to wait so long for a proper diagnosis Glory Halleluja (multidenominational) that you have one at last! Bravo!
This!

I'm following your journey, but you know that already.

mouseee

My grown up son was diagnosed with inattentive adhd last year and as I was asked to fill in a questionnaire about his childhood it dawned on me that I have all the symptom, even my daughter said Mum this is you! Apparently it’s commonly inhertied. I’ve spoken to my GP and I’m booked in for ‘a chat’ with him to take it further. I was reluctant at first as thought I’d be fobbed off as a neurotic old woman but apparently not.
It has as @mouseee has said, explained so much of my life growing up and in adulthood, and although I’m not on medication at the moment because I've read about symptom, strategies and coping mechanisms it’s helping.
I’ve been watching a YouTube channel called The ADHD Adults Podcast which is funny but also informative.
My poor grown up child had no hope, Dad has definitely got ADHD and then there's me.... I commented last time they were home that we were a neurodiverse home... but then we decided that wasn't true... we just all have the same thing! Three ADHD brains in one household has its own set of challenges....

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My parents were against the idea of a trial of medication so don't know if it would have helped me or not, they did try a oligoantigenic diet as part of a study but it was a bit inconclusive.

Still affects me sometimes* to this day, though I've come up with loads of ways to manage, which I find hard to articulate until a situation comes up, and if I notice it.

Think my dad has the same, and possibly my kid too, (both undiagnosed) but to differing extents.

* (who am i kidding)

My poor grown up child had no hope, Dad has definitely got ADHD and then there's me.... I commented last time they were home that we were a neurodiverse home... but then we decided that wasn't true... we just all have the same thing! Three ADHD brains in one household has its own set of challenges....

Sounds like my house lol, although there's crossovers in behaviours with a few things for sure.

Chaos sometimes, but never a dull moment. :joyful:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @JoKalsbeek, I was diagnosed with Combined ADHD form about 6 years ago. All the classic symptoms of the disorder and some. I often wonder if I graze the autism spectrum myself due to my ritualized behaviour or is my ritualizing behaviour just a coping strategy I have developed over decades of, well trying to cope with my scattered disorganized brain. I'm highly educated so people do not expect to see such a disorganized individual diagnosed with ADHD. Somehow the uninformed equate ADHD with the funny trope 'squirrel' and everybody laughs. In reality it is a life altering disorder and makes day-to-day living a real challenge. As to your question about ADHD meds, I was on Strattera, a non-stimulant ADHD medication 80mg for several years as I did not want to take a true stimulant such as Adderral. I came off Strattera about 3 years ago, but I have recently been looking to go back on ADHD meds. to make my life easier. I again went on Strattera. Firstly I can tell you that ADHD meds have a lowering effect on blood sugar. I noticed that within days of going back on Strattera - my blood sugars dropped sufficiently to take me from the diabetic range to pre-diabetic .I think it equates to around a 0.5% + drop on your Ac1's. Whilst on Strattera I devoploped Secondary Reynards and so I had to come off it (I am still dealing with secondary reynards so it may have triggered something). The Dr then prescribed me Guanfacine 3mg, that drug dropped my blood pressure to below 80/40 so I came off that one. I am now taking Bupropion 300mg as an off label ADHD med. So far so good apart from some indigestion. This drug, like most ADHD meds is lowering my blood sugars. I can see the difference on my cgm BS readings. I have to be especially vigilant due to my bodY's prepensity for sporadic low blood sugar events, plus on top of that I have unstable blood sugar. So, for me it's about getting the meds that work for you. Great that you have a proper diagnosis.
Thank you for being so very informative! I'm not entirely sure Strattera's available on the Dutch market for ADHD (off or on label, as it's not mentioned in the website of the place I'm being treated at), but it's something I'd be willing to try. Vascular issues like Reynaud's do make it a bit of a risk. The person I spoke to said my inability to wee on methylphenidate could be linked to vascular restriction. But we'll see... My blood pressure is already relatively low, so not sure whether that'd work, but would be open to it. And antidepressants have always been a problem... I am taking notes, googling, so I know what they'll be talking about. I have books on ADHD, but the medicinal part just didn't seem to stick in my mind properly. This is a bit more interactive, making notes, googling.... Personal experiences in the mix adding something that I need for it to finally stick like glue. This helps.

One of the tests they did was with me sat behind a computer for 20 minutes, and having to press a button if the same image appeared twice. Blue square or circle, red square or circle. Halfway through I was in tears. Two seconds between shapes, and I couldn't remember, no matter how hard I tried. I walked out of there really upset. "I'm a **** goldfish! I'm not stupid, I'm not! I read Lancet articles. In English. And I know what they mean!". Looking at the resulting graph, I'd been so far off the mark I actually fell off the edge of graph. Back in on Methylphenidate, same test... I scored like a neurotypical person. No tears, just clicking that little button and nailing it. I know my mind can do better... And if it's not overwhelmed all the time I can actually live life a little, and not be in a panic 24/7. The only things standing in my way now are side effects, and availability.

Anyway, again... Thank you. :)
Jo
PS: The squirrel thing always makes me laugh, because in my favourite amusement park here in the Netherlands, I'm always on the lookout for their many squirrels. I'd go chase them with a camera no matter what I was in the middle of. They were a bit of a hyperfication, long, long before knowing about ADHD. ;)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The thing I'm finding lately... I blab about everything that goes on in my life, usually on Facebook. And all of a sudden, the people I've always been closest to or had the most interactions with, come up with some form of neurodivergence or other. My husband suspects he's got ADHD (combo with severe dyslexia), but functions well, so never felt a need to be diagnosed. Others have been diagnosed but meds made them numb, or are on all sorts and now have kids who have the same thing, so they can help each other. I'm finding it to be similar to diabetes... A lot of people keep quiet about it because of stigmatisation, shame or whatever. And then all of a sudden there's "me too" 's coming from all over the place!

I don't have to imagine a neurodiverse household, I'm in one... So it may not be the "standard" household, I have found so far, that neurospicy households are extra tight-knit and forgiving to one another. Might not always be quite, you know. non-chaotic, but understanding one another is more important than the state of the livingroom, right? ;)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Although it's annoying that you have had to wait so long for a proper diagnosis Glory Halleluja (multidenominational) that you have one at last! Bravo!
It took a right miracle for me to even attempt the waiting lists, and the place I'm at now is actually helping me without getting paid for it, due to an insurance snafu.... The whole team is helping me because they want to help, not knowing whether they'll ever see a cent for it, any of them. I'll throw in another Praise Be for good measure because of that! ;)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A friend turned me on to The Sweepy App, to help me get my flat back into some semblance of order, another let me try medication (to see whether it actually was ADHD, so I would be brave enough to seek help), another sent me books that were extremely helpful, and yet another referred me to various people on Insta and Facebook... There's so much out there that can help, you just have to find it! And now I can add the podcast to my list. Thank you! And good luck with whatever steps you end up taking next! Sometimes just knowing makes enough of a difference, sometimes some meds help.... Whatever this leads to, I hope you'll have a happier, better life to show for it.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This made me laugh out loud, and yes you're an idiot for not checking BG! :hilarious:

It also means you have come such a long way with your diabetes that you sometimes forget that you have it, having nailed your approach to diabetes. Which is an amazing thing!

I'm so happy you finally decided to turn to the hive mind of the forum with your questions. It may not be diabetes related, but the forum is a very safe space as far as the internet goes, and there are so many people here who want you to do well because you have helped so many of us around here. You're well loved around here, and rightfully so. :joyful:
And of course we have a lot of members with more experience and knowledge about medication than the general public, which may prove useful.

So many helpful replies already from people with similar experiences!

This!

I'm following your journey, but you know that already.
I was actually wishing there was a safe forum like the one here, for people with ADHD. On Facebook there's a bunch of neurodivergent meme groups, but I don't participate and it's just for fun... Nothing serious, and nothing I'd dare ask the important stuff in. I knew I lacked the courage to go into some serious place, a complete n00b, and risk getting the same kind of response I got back when I joined the Dutch diabetes forum. (Which as you know, was far from the positive experience I had here!!!). Then I figured... There must be more diabetics who happen to have ADHD, haha. Might as well give it a shot, right? Now I'm really glad I did. :) :) :)

This may just be the bestest corner of the interwebs, with many, many absolutely lovely people. <3

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My parents were against the idea of a trial of medication so don't know if it would have helped me or not, they did try a oligoantigenic diet as part of a study but it was a bit inconclusive.

Still affects me sometimes* to this day, though I've come up with loads of ways to manage, which I find hard to articulate until a situation comes up, and if I notice it.

Think my dad has the same, and possibly my kid too, (both undiagnosed) but to differing extents.

* (who am i kidding)

Sounds like my house lol, although there's crossovers in behaviours with a few things for sure.

Chaos sometimes, but never a dull moment. :joyful:
I was put on all sorts since early childhood (was suicidal starting at 10, 11 or so), but ADHD/AuDHD was something for little boys, not anxious little girls who were scared of their own shadows. It never went further than a variety of antidepressants, which just made it worse. Mom tried to get me help, she was my champion through the years, but the people I was assigned to just kept botching it, diagnostically speaking. Over 13 therapists, shrinks, what have you... (Lots of turnover due to their starting their own practaces a few months in away from the dutch version of NHS care, almost on cue; not me quitting therapies until the last one in 2005.) None of them picked up on it. Now I'm finally being heard, just before my 45th birthday! Anyway.... I've tried an elimination diet for my rheumatism, so a lot of things have already been nixed, on top of diabetic restrictions... I don't think it's made a difference, but I can look into what it could do for ADHD, as the focus back then was on my joints, not my brain. Inconclusive or not, it's still worth checking out, I think. Especially since I'm a little worried nothing'll be tolerable with side effects. I know there's lots to try, but... I had a rough week on a smidge of medication, so... Yeah. Eek. So a diet for ADHD might be something to research, juuuust in case. ;)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I am 100% sure my hubby is on the autistic scale and after dealing with two children on the spectrum it dawned on me that hubby could well be. As well as being dyslexic, he has hoarding issues as well as other things. I would like him to be diagnosed but apparently there is such a waiting list and jumping through hoops is one of the categories. I had to wait years to get a mental health diagnosis and my husband doesn't want the fuss lol

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for being so very informative! I'm not entirely sure Strattera's available on the Dutch market for ADHD (off or on label, as it's not mentioned in the website of the place I'm being treated at), but it's something I'd be willing to try. Vascular issues like Reynaud's do make it a bit of a risk. The person I spoke to said my inability to wee on methylphenidate could be linked to vascular restriction. But we'll see... My blood pressure is already relatively low, so not sure whether that'd work, but would be open to it. And antidepressants have always been a problem... I am taking notes, googling, so I know what they'll be talking about. I have books on ADHD, but the medicinal part just didn't seem to stick in my mind properly. This is a bit more interactive, making notes, googling.... Personal experiences in the mix adding something that I need for it to finally stick like glue. This helps.

One of the tests they did was with me sat behind a computer for 20 minutes, and having to press a button if the same image appeared twice. Blue square or circle, red square or circle. Halfway through I was in tears. Two seconds between shapes, and I couldn't remember, no matter how hard I tried. I walked out of there really upset. "I'm a **** goldfish! I'm not stupid, I'm not! I read Lancet articles. In English. And I know what they mean!". Looking at the resulting graph, I'd been so far off the mark I actually fell off the edge of graph. Back in on Methylphenidate, same test... I scored like a neurotypical person. No tears, just clicking that little button and nailing it. I know my mind can do better... And if it's not overwhelmed all the time I can actually live life a little, and not be in a panic 24/7. The only things standing in my way now are side effects, and availability.

Anyway, again... Thank you. :)
Jo
PS: The squirrel thing always makes me laugh, because in my favourite amusement park here in the Netherlands, I'm always on the lookout for their many squirrels. I'd go chase them with a camera no matter what I was in the middle of. They were a bit of a hyperfication, long, long before knowing about ADHD. ;)
I am sure you looked up Atomoxetine which is sold under the brand name Stratterra in North America, I do recall not being able to get Stratterra in the UK, not even off label. I didn't want to go on stimulants so I focused on alternatives.. Here is the thing about ADHD medications, both amphetamines and methylphenidates have a tendency to cause vasoconstriction, the amphetamines more than the methylphenidates. I think it is the make up of the drug itself and how they work on norepinephrine, so if your body have a tendency towards vasoconstriction you and your Dr may have to get creative. I've settled on Bupropion, which I'm tolerating. ADHD medications makes a big difference that's for sure (If I can remember to take it!) I am also in a family of 'Zappers' too ! My partner and my daughter have been diagnosed with ADHD. I went through 3 days of testing by an ADHD psychologist. I found out I have poor processing skills and poor audio processing skills as well. My mind tunes in and out like a radio station, I can't organize anything to save my life, and at times feel like an out of control ping pong ball. I also obsess. I obsess over my blood sugars, over French grammar, over anything that takes my fancy until it doesn't and then I couldn't give a dam. I cannot regulate my attention. I can watch the same movie over and over extrapolating every tiny detail, the script, the camera work, the director's interpretation and then poof just like that I don't care. I have developed coping strategies, like ritualizing my day to day activities. If i don't I'm disorganized and I feel out of control and then I get anxious and overwhelmed. Oh and I also have a tendency to overshare lol. My mind is a restless hot mess and I cannot prioritize, it all has the same urgency; An overdue bill has the same priority as a weed in the garden. These are the hidden gems ADHD does to your world. And yes I get distracted easily. I wear the same style of clothes day in day out. At one time I had over 300 black tee-shirts. It's a complex disorder. What helped was having the diagnosis. It helped my self esteem, it helped those around me too. The meds definitely help. For me the meds slow my mind right down (Racing mind, slow processing speed go figure). I prewarn people about my disorder. I tell them if I forget your name the moment you tell me don't take it personally. If I glaze over and seem not to be listening it's because I have zoned out and I don't evenm know it!. I am very creative and I think outside the box. Creativity of thought is much sort after ina world harmoginised by social media and the internet in general. I am writing too much lol.