Adonis brownie

Stronggirlsclub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone.

I’ve seen a few of you mention the Adonis bars so was looking into them earlier and found that the company also make brownies, blondies and greenies. All contain 2g ‘impact carbs’

Has anyone tried these?

Are they yummy? And did you avoid spikes?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve seen people mention them. If they’re as good as the bars, the other products should be good too :hungry:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the Adonis bars tried my first one a nut one today as a treat - treat because of price and how delicious they are but only 2g of carb. Great news on my bg it was slightly lower than before my lunch as part of which I ate it! So it clearly had no impact!
Must try the brownies at some stage - so I too would like to hear if anyone has and what they think of them. Nut bars are packed and can be kept in cupboard are the brownies more like fresh cakes or not?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the blondies. They are made from macadamia nuts and coconut and are completely addictive.
They have quite a short shelf life ( around 2weeks) but this can be extended by around 3-4 weeks by keeping in the fridge.

No chance they’ll last that long!

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The blondies and the brownies are both excellant IMO, Im less keen on the greenies but wouldnt say no to them if offered them
All three freeze very well which again extends their shelf life
I tend to do a few order theough Yunbles when they have an offer on (£5 off first order then repeat £5 off vouchers periodically so not massive savings but every little helps)
https://www.yumbles.com/adonis-smart-foods/gluten-free-brownies-choice-of-flavours.html

Reactions: CranberryIce

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you buy these at the supermarket? I've not heard of them before.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you buy these at the supermarket? I've not heard of them before.
No only online via Adonis, Yumbles or Amazon or at food fairs as far as I know.
The pecan nut and the coconut bars have made it into a few stores but the prices Ive seen quoted are higher than online - I periodically get 25 bar packs
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076H94TQ7

Reactions: CranberryIce