Adverts for Watches that monitor blood glucose

Stupot1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Since my recent accident and researching more surrounding my type 2 diabetes I have been having a lot of adverts for smart watches that monitor blood sugar readings, they are normally of unknown brands and was wondering if anybody had any experiences of these to share with a Newbie

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Since my recent accident and researching more surrounding my type 2 diabetes I have been having a lot of adverts for smart watches that monitor blood sugar readings, they are normally of unknown brands and was wondering if anybody had any experiences of these to share with a Newbie
So far, there is no technology that doesn't pierce the skin, that'll accurately do blood sugar readings... They seem to be working on it though, so save your money for the time being. Who knows, in the future...

Reactions: Stupot1962

Stupot1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far, there is no technology that doesn't pierce the skin, that'll accurately do blood sugar readings... They seem to be working on it though, so save your money for the time being. Who knows, in the future...
Yeah, I did see one being designed by Afon Technology here on the Diabetes UK page but there is definitive release date, I have signed up for updates,

Reactions: SimonP78

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
More on this earlier thread:

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
Hi
Hi
I have send numerous e-mails to these watch manufactures requesting information regarding BG monitoring, to date not one has replied. In my opinion they are a scam

• Agree
Reactions: Rachox