Advice needed neuropathy?

Adamspillman

HI I have had type 1 for a good few years I was diagnosed when I turned 28 ever since my control has sucked due to having depression most my life I'm experiencing weakness in my body especially my legs finding it hard to stay balanced and walk fast, also my memory is getting worse and brain fog I find it hard to use a can opener too...and this has just gotten worse suddenly even my back hurts when I walk too long...what is going on ? I'm trying to see a doctor but the appointments are always taken in will keep trying...I need advice thank you

Reactions: Erin

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Adamspillman and I'm sorry you are feeling so unwell.

While it's not impossible that you are getting diabetic complications there are other candidates for symptoms and I think you really really need to see a doctor.

What are your bgs like at the moment? Who are you seeing for your diabetic care?

Adamspillman

Not really seeing anyone all I get is appointments for eye screening every 6months and trying to see a doctor is like waiting for a pig to fly lol I'm super tired all the time too like now I just want to sleep all the time

whiteorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not really seeing anyone all I get is appointments for eye screening every 6months and trying to see a doctor is like waiting for a pig to fly lol I'm super tired all the time too like now I just want to sleep all the time
Hi @Adamspillman I am sorry you feel so ill. As @EllieM has said, there are other reasons for some of the things affecting you now. I feel tired all the time, my back aches if I stand as well as when I walk. My hands have days when they don't work well or not at all! I have medical conditions that account for my conditions. You should try to get an urgent appointment at your doctors. I hope you feel better soon

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

Look, high bgs can make you very tired, but so can other things, from a simple vitamin deficiciency to errant thyroid levels. What is your bg level right now? Are you getting annual blood checks where they check the usual stuff (kidneys, thyroid, liver etc and of course hba1c)? You should be being seen by someone specifically for your diabetes if you are T1. An eye test on its own isn't sufficient (in my opinion).

If your bg levels are high and you have ketones then it is a medical emergency and you should ring 111 for advice. (Hopefully this isn't the case).

Adamspillman

Hi @Adamspillman I am sorry you feel so ill. As @EllieM has said, there are other reasons for some of the things affecting you now. I feel tired all the time, my back aches if I stand as well as when I walk. My hands have days when they don't work well or not at all! I have medical conditions that account for my conditions. You should try to get an urgent appointment at your doctors. I hope you feel better soon
Thanks for the replies I have finally got a doctors appointment today later so hopefully I will get my care plan and find out what's going on and hope they can help with my mind too I shouldn't blame diabetes for everything either that's a good point I will let you peeps know whats going on