Advice on Newcastle Diet for smaller women

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably explains why by bgls didn't go up then . I love avocados so I'm not stopping eating them . I normally take a photo of the barcode for MFP but sometimes I throw away the wrapper which does put me in the hands of some of the dodgy stuff

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe US avocados are twice the size of ours

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok. I need to chime in here about my beloved avocado as well. I am a broken record on this forum about the magic of avocados. They are the most blood sugar stabilizing food that there is. I eat it for breakfast every morning and some with every meal to stay steady. It slows any spike and for me injecting insulin stops the initial drop then spike thing. Just steady stready steady. I eat at leasr on a day but often 1.5. Makes meals simple to. I smash it all in the morning and at lunch and dinner I eat it with celery and radish I add some protein with a saucy thing and occasionally a small handful of other veg but I'm usually too full for that

Here in the US they come in many sizes but I get a bag of 6 and they average 5-6 oz of meat after the pit and skin are removed.

Looks like you should be avocado Naomi,

Reactions: 2 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love avocado

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woo hoo waist down to 31.5 inches. Think I look about 5 months pregnant now. No ones going to give up seats for me soon on the tube

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent. Sounds like they are great for your BS too. Win win :)
Don't you find them very satisfying too? I'm not hungry for hours.
Happy to see your good progress.

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I think they are fine for me just a bit high cal being on this diet and I can eat loads at once

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I think they are fine for me just a bit high cal being on this diet and I can eat loads at once

According to my calculations 6 oz of pure avocado meat is 272 cals and add a little celery or a spoon and that could make a large meal. I have mixed bits of turkey or chicken in it with a pinch of onion and that's a meal. If I ate a whole one for breakfast I don't think I'd need lunch. Lol.

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Thanks for this...I eat probably 1 per week, but didn't realise they were such a Blood Sugar stabiliser:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you'll be amazed Kevin. It's the only thing that doesn't make my bs go up at breakfast. All that good fat and fiber keeps everything steady. And I mean everything if you read between the lines haha

Reactions: 2 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading before meal 4.9 lowest ever. And I've lost 1 stone/14lbs /5.9 kg since I started this. Definitely worth carrying on with it despite the few downs. The lower Cals definitely has worked

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Reading before meal 4.9 lowest ever. And I've lost 1 stone/14lbs /5.9 kg since I started this. Definitely worth carrying on with it despite the few downs. The lower Cals definitely has worked

Great news

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Kevin

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woohoo hba1c down from 71 to 54. And most of that 3 months I was just on Lchf so it's bound to be even better if they measured me again in 3 months time . Think I have enough ammunition now to not go on metformin. Also bp down from 138/92 to 117/82 so I'm hoping no bp tablets too.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woohoo hba1c down from 71 to 54. And most of that 3 months I was just on Lchf so it's bound to be even better if they measured me again in 3 months time . Think I have enough ammunition now to not go on metformin. Also bp down from 138/92 to 117/82 so I'm hoping no bp tablets too.

Great reduction. Well done but you need to keep going for further improvements next time.

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will and I am. Guess positive results make it all worth while. Still got 2.5 weeks of ND to go. Don't think I'll be in 'remission' by the end but I think I'm just going to carry on with it during weekdays at 600 Cals and then just Lchf at weekends as apart from constipation I feel fine. Then Atkins in Brazil then I'll see where my weight and bgls are at and decide if I want to do another total 600 cal ND for a month

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So in 2.5 weeks this thread will end you'll all be happy to read