Alcohol

Jacko5758

Been type 2 do people see they take longer to recover from a night out or is that just me even if I only have a few beers it’s the same if I have a night out ‍♂️

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been type 2 do people see they take longer to recover from a night out or is that just me even if I only have a few beers it’s the same if I have a night out ‍♂️
Did you realise you've posted this in the Type1 section of the forums, as your question seems directed at Type2?
I'm sure one of the mods can move this thread though for you if it was meant to be elsewhere

Reactions: Jacko5758 and StewM

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Jacko5758 as @Rokaab says you have posted in the Type 1 sub forum yet you appear to be Type 2. You will get better advice if your post is in the correct place. Please let me know here, if you’d like me to move it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

I feel it’s possibly more a thing as one gets older?
A chat with my crowd in general (mixed non-D.) certainly suggests so.. (compared to our youth & mid 20s?)

Though, I tend to fair much better when I don’t drink.?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
As Jaylee said I think it's more an age thing than diabetic related ,when I used to have a few to many I would wake up next day with no problems at all , now in my 60s I certainly wake up knowing I over did it .

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Apologies new to this lol
No need to apologise, but would you like us (the Mods) to move your thread?

And as a T1 I agree with the other posters that it's an age thing for me. Though I suspect if you are a T2 beer drinker, you may find that the carbs in beer are an issue if you down a large number of pints?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I think when I was diagnosed many years ago they caused me confusion by saying you don't have count alcohol in your carb amount , but of course the alcohol is only a small amount in the ingredient of bear and cider etc .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think when I was diagnosed many years ago they caused me confusion by saying you don't have count alcohol in your carb amount , but of course the alcohol is only a small amount in the ingredient of bear and cider etc .

lol, I was advised against booze, full stop?
When I hit my teens it was frowned upon..