All about health magazine

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just sat in GP and this is one of the free magazines they get each month...
Issue 24 quotes

Diabetes delicios recipes for all the family...

It includes:

"Sweets for treats"
Its fine to include dome sugar in your diet, just keep as occasional treats;
Cut back on.. Palm and coconut oil
Chicken risotto 63g
Sweet potato soup 55g
Pasta with aubergine 78g
Banana and satsuma trifle with madeira cake supposedly to serve 10.. They say only 24g carb with 150g madeira cake, 4tbs orange liqueur, 2 bananas, ready made 425g low fat custard etc....

Wish my GP would put in Trudi's book "eat fat"... But they'll ply all this rubbish but not entertain even a thought to a balance of information....

We don't stand a chance to educate people if this is still the options and these "healthy mags" are allowed in practices..

Annoyed...

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not seen this particular one, but can you remember if it had adverts for meters, stair lifts and the usual mobility paraphernalia ? ;)

Signy

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No it was all about health really.. Asthma, diabetes, hayfever. Didn't really see many ads at all...

Pretty shocking that if people were having a dinner and pud thinking they were healthy.. And then most people have 3 meals a day ....so on the magazine health eating and drinking would actually total up to about 230g + and people would think thats healthy!
Also, how many people really take diabetes seriously and would stick to sweets ocasionally.... What does "occasionally" mean? Once/twice a day or a week or a month?

I have never managed to make a trifle that serves 10 people on the qtys they gave...that would do 6 people out of my friends!!!

Honestly I despair!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Not seen this magazine but will keep look out when I visit the Doctors again :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Our GP gets free magazines each month.. Normally good ones..but this shocked me (again!!)

Main shock though was eating sweets occasionally.. As one persons "occasional" is different to another!! My occasional is about 6 monthly but could stretch to yearly... But in most people I suspect occasionally would be once a month?