Amazing & Awesome Avocados.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 308541

We just tried the Team Avo's, nice taste for the NZ ones.

kZB0gS3.jpg

Reactions: Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can’t find a new avatar better than the ones I have so until I do I’ll stick with one of those. Maybe I already have the best!

D

Deleted member 308541

Looks good except that tiny spot haha.
When I cut it with a knife I did not go all the way through to the pip on that end, that's why that spot happened.

The dag on the tea towel was from something herself dropped on it.

The spoons cost $2.00 each in a sale at Robin's Kitchen shop at Sugarland, great for scooping avo's, yoghurt etc.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can’t find a new avatar better than the ones I have so until I do I’ll stick with one of those. Maybe I already have the best!

You sure do! - in both senses :) Pity we don't get the Mx avos over here :meh:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was eating one almost every day over the summer, but haven't had one for a few days now. I think the weather affects my avocado consumption.
I think price probably affects mine - or brown sogginess when I come to use it....:wideyed::D

Robbity

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think price probably affects mine - or brown sogginess when I come to use it....:wideyed::D

Robbity
Gross. No brown and no soggy for me.

Mine are still $8 for 6 and they average 8 oz with skin and seeds. I’ve only picked around a small spot twice in a very long time. As long as I put them in the fridge at the right time they’re great. All from MX

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still not found any decent avos around my bit of UK - been quite a while now. Had to throw away another two today they had gone brown and squishy in parts, or even worse, had stringy bits, so into the bin they went. :grumpy: Third one was adequate/ok, but didn't taste the usual delicate creamy-ness (they're all hass variety round here). Hope we get some better ones soon :meh:

D

Deleted member 308541

Hope we get some better ones soon :meh:
I am hoping they come down in price, they were $3.00 each last time we went shopping.

There were no bags of the little ones they normally have for sale either.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Still not found any decent avos around my bit of UK - been quite a while now. Had to throw away another two today they had gone brown and squishy in parts, or even worse, had stringy bits, so into the bin they went. :grumpy: Third one was adequate/ok, but didn't taste the usual delicate creamy-ness (they're all hass variety round here). Hope we get some better ones soon :meh:
Go to Waitrose, their avocados are 99.9% good!
M&S avocados are usually ok too.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Popped open a not so perfect but not so bad one yesterday. Have 12 ripe on hand ( oops! How’d that happen?) so decided to try the water thing to see how it worked. 12 hours in and so far not sure. There is no browning so of course it kept the air out but kind of looks mushy. I won’t know until evening meal. Perhaps if well drained and stirred in it might be ok. I’m still scooping mine on a plate. I’d rather not eat mush. I love the texture of a fresh one so probably won’t like it but hubby will eat anything.

MX still doing awesome and still $8 for 6 med/large.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Go to Waitrose, their avocados are 99.9% good!
M&S avocados are usually ok too.

Thanks @Prem51, I might just give them a try. They're not shops I use normally, because they're both a bit of a jaunt away from me - though at opposite ends of the same high street, would you believe! :rolleyes:

No pain no gain :D

D

Deleted member 308541

Avo's have gone up in price again, they are now $3.50 each, or a pack of three for a bit under $7.00.

A mix of Australian and NZ ones, should be ready to go by Sunday.

4zDAfkT.jpg

w2CiOjj.jpg