HolisticView

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen the documentary "Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days" available on youtube?

I first came across it about 3 1/2 years ago and was amazed at how effective the experiment was for the 6 participants and how their health seemed to transform (anecdotally, visually and statistically).

If anyone is in need of some inspiration or to be reminded of the body's natural capacity to heal itself then I can highly recommend it. It started a journey for me and I'm pleased it did.

Wishing everyone good health and beyond! :)

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Sounds inspiring, I eat lots of raw foods though not vegan. I have raw salmon, tuna, flying fish most days of the week. Raw Spanish pork, Belgian raw sliced beef as well. Also raw nuts, seeds and avocados. All good stuff

Reactions: Jaya2

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to the description of the documentary....
The six are challenged to give up meat, dairy, sugar, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, soda, junk food, fast food, processed food, packaged food, and even cooked food for 30 days
This may well have been an improvement on their existing diet and was probably much lower carb. I would like to know what happened to them after the 30 days though.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to the description of the documentary....
The six are challenged to give up meat, dairy, sugar, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, soda, junk food, fast food, processed food, packaged food, and even cooked food for 30 days
This may well have been an improvement on their existing diet and was probably much lower carb. I would like to know what happened to them after the 30 days though.

Agree, @Mr_Pot -- and impossible to say what actually led to the results. Was it the elimination of dairy? of sugar? of nicotine? of alcohol? of soda? of meat? of junk food, fast food, or processed food? Or all of this together? No telling really.

Wonder also how many people can maintain this type of diet for years?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This was the documentary that lead me to go mostly plant based for a period of time. The WFPB Dr Cousens the only one of the top brass who advocates lower carb for those with diabetes.

I found the cross section of differing types of personalities true to life e.g. those who are really up for giving the protocol everything they have, those who give up, those who need assistance.

This was the first film I watched that offered hope, which I really needed at the time.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't eat raw meat (unless smoked fish counts??) but my late father was a great fan - particularly of raw steak.

Certain vegetables and leaves (i.e. salads ) are essentially eaten raw anyway, and from personal preference I often eat nuts and certain vegetables in their natural raw state as an integral part of my low carbing, but I also ate nuts and some veggies this way long before I ever became T2.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My Hba1c has been 42 for years - my blood glucose levels indicate that it 'should' be lower - I think something broke under the strain of all the 'healthy' carbs I was encouraged to eat for decades.
I eat meat, and dairy, cook a lot, but eat lots of salad and a few berries - I suspect that my diet is too ordinary to be of much interest, but it works.
I saw blood glucose levels of 5.6mmol/l after both of the Christmas diners I ate back in 2017 - can't get much more traditional than that.

Reactions: LaoDan and Robbity