Android Phone for Libre Link App

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I also think it's missing a trick with long term NHS use - surely more cost effective if you don't have to buy the reader and the patient used their own phone.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I managed to get my first Libre sensor started with Glimp S and Glimp on a old Samsung Note 2...

The sensor started out high, at 10mmol although Contour Next reading was only 4.9. The graphs seems to be calibrated pretty close after that.

Subsequent readings were within 0.5 mmol so far.

19055312_10155494962104445_6075845763375099629_o.jpg

Last edited:

PaulaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been given a libre sensor. I have a Samsung A51 phone but since installing the app my phone has slowed down to a ridiculous level. Does anyone know what I can do to correct this?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I have just been given a libre sensor. I have a Samsung A51 phone but since installing the app my phone has slowed down to a ridiculous level. Does anyone know what I can do to correct this?
Not a libre user myself but I believe @Jaylee uses a libre with a samsung galaxy?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
None of the mod team have any particular expertise with Samsung products, or with how the Abbott software might interact with Samsung. Maybe asking the manufacturers directly - Abbott might be the place to start?

Reactions: lovinglife

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a Samsung a50 and have just had a libre on for a few days (t2, just for interest. I don't use the alarms).
Yes I find this new version really slows my phone down, and depletes the battery.
I can solve it temporarily by turning Bluetooth off. Of course that loses the minute by minute bg reading until I turn Bluetooth on again. This solution isn't brilliant for t1s of course.
I'd be interested to see other replies, as I'd like to think a newer version phone might be better.