Another illinformed HCP

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Re: Another illinformed HCP.

Well said, Claire. You don't need people bickering when you're so poorly!

All the best - i hope they get you sorted soonest!

Viv 8)

ClaireG 06

Well....it goes from bad to worse :roll:
It was my Mum's birthday yesterday so although i was feeling rotten, hubs, sons and I went over to see her yesterday evening. Whilst there i was sick several times and started to feel my heart race. Mum insisted that hubs took me to their local A&E. I got rushed straight into majors and thought i was getting somewhere. An ecg was done and the nurse told me she could see from it that my heart was indeed racing. Pulse was high. BP high again. She tried to take bloods and fit a cannula but failed. I was so dizzy i nearly fell of the trolley twice. Eventually saw a Dr and she said i don't even think we need to do bloods :shock: You can come home, just don't eat and try to drink a pint of water every hour :shock: She didn't even mention my ecg or BP or what i'm supposed to do about the dizziness or headaches.
My GP is meant to be phoning me later, so will see how i go on with him. I then have to go and have an echo and a 24 hr blood monitor fitted at the local hospitals cardiac unit later. I have to take details of all meds and my exemption card with me, so maybe then can change my BP meds or do something. I am going to make it clear to them what has been going on and that i am not happy.

C

catherinecherub

Poor you Claire,

I am hoping and praying that something good comes out of your appointment today. Someone, somewhere must know what treatment you need.

((((hugs)))).

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!

I too hope you get somewhere with your appointment :(

It seems as though your having the same problems with some of the medical care your receiving. I'm a bit concerned you were told not to eat and just drink water when your taking insulin, if you cant keep food down, sip sugary drinks if you can, and don't stop taking your insulin!

Maybe you should put in a formal complaint, you have been complaining of similar symptoms for a while now and only seem to be getting somewhere when your really poorly which is no good at all :(

I really hope you get to the bottom of it all Claire.

Be stern and clear that you want it investigating properly, not being sent home like this. I'm also sorry you were poorly over your mums birthday too.

Keep us updated and i hope you have better news later on after your appointment :)

ClaireG 06

Thank you both :D
Yes, ebony i thought her advice just to drink water was daft to say the least :lol: I am still injecting but when i can't eat am having a small glass of lucozade instead. Am watching my BGs as well as don't want to have a hypo on top of everything else!
I have been logging everything on the advice of a friend who used to be a dr and my DN. They both said that if it turns out to be something that needs treating then i may well have a good case for negligence.

ClaireG 06

My GP has just phoned. He asked if i had been getting worse again since Friday, which i have. On Friday another Dr added back in a BP med that the hospital orginally gave me and then A&E stopped as they thought it was causing the sickness. He has told me to stop taking it and has written up for another med from a different group. I am to go and have my BP checked in 3 days to see if it and my symptoms have improved. They will keep a close eye on things.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!

That's good then, aslong as your keeping your BG's up, it's quite hard when you can't eat alot, i sip orange or apple juice when i'm poorly as sometimes lucozade is too fizzy for my stomach so that could be an alternative.

good advice from your friend about keeping a log of things, i have been quite appauled sometimes on how you've been treated, but at least you have a good nurse on your side.

As always all the best and keep us updated :)

ClaireG 06

I have some small cartons of juice i can use to :) Am feeling a bit better this morning :D Hope it continues. Just been to get my new BP med it's Bendroflumethiaide which is a diuretic. Uh oh more trips to the loo :lol: :lol:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

ClaireG 06 said:
Just been to get my new BP med it's Bendroflumethiaide which is a diuretic. Uh oh more trips to the loo :lol: :lol:

Thats actually quite strange Claire as when I was on Bendroflumethiaide and aspirin my doctor told me to stop taking them when I was ill as they tend to make you dehydrated as they are both diuretics
confused.gif

C

catherinecherub

Hi Claire,
I take Bendroflumethiazide. It has a gentler action than Furosemide and you do not pee so much and have to get to the toilet so quickly.
It will get rid of any excess fluid such as your swollen ankles and it may be that your heart problems are indicative of fluid retention.
Take it a.s.a.p. in the morning and whatever you do, don't take it at night. :lol:

ClaireG 06

Sid Bonkers said:
ClaireG 06 said:
Just been to get my new BP med it's Bendroflumethiaide which is a diuretic. Uh oh more trips to the loo :lol: :lol:

Thats actually quite strange Claire as when I was on Bendroflumethiaide and aspirin my doctor told me to stop taking them when I was ill as they tend to make you dehydrated as they are both diuretics
confused.gif

Thanks Sid :) I will see if the cardiac unit where i'm going for my echo and 24 hr BP monitor can advice me about this.

ClaireG 06

catherinecherub said:
Hi Claire,
I take Bendroflumethiazide. It has a gentler action than Furosemide and you do not pee so much and have to get to the toilet so quickly.
It will get rid of any excess fluid such as your swollen ankles and it may be that your heart problems are indicative of fluid retention.
Take it a.s.a.p. in the morning and whatever you do, don't take it at night. :lol:

Thanks Catherine :) Dr told me to take one when i got them this morning and then to take the rest first thing. I don't want to be spending all night on the loo :lol:

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
:!: :!: :!: :!: :idea: Did someone say Pee :shock: That reminds

ClaireG 06

Gordon Bennett, this BP monitor is doing my head in already :lol: If it ain't squeezing my arm to death, i'm being strangled :lol: Having to wear the monitor part in a holster round my neck and have the wire tucked into top of trousers. They put a j cloth and then a stocking thing under the cuff to so i look mega sexy :lol: :lol: :lol: When i was in there and the chap checked it my BP was sky high again 216/156 :shock: He went to check with a collegue. If when they take the dratted thing off tomorrow it shows my readings are high, then depending on how bad they are, they may admit me or change my meds. Echo was fun, nearly fell off the trolley :lol:

ClaireG 06

I thought it was meant to go off every half hour during the day but looks like its every 15 minutes. Best it only be every hour after 8pm like the chap said!

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Mine was every 15 minutes and then I could stop it in the night, but was warned that if I did they might have to re-do it. So I kept it on. Then it went off every 15 minutes at night too, nice to know it's been modified.

Good luck with it.

Ailz