Anti Sickness pill.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hi I’m at work. Have to b quick. Doctor going to give me a tablet to stop sickness - place under tongue. I’m very sick with metformin. Anyone had this tablet ? Thanks. X

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are many anti nausea tablets out there. I hope whatever one it is works for you. Does your GP think the Metformin has caused the nausea and has he or she checked to make sure of the cause?

Reactions: EllieM

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I’m at work. Have to b quick. Doctor going to give me a tablet to stop sickness - place under tongue. I’m very sick with metformin. Anyone had this tablet ? Thanks. X
Thought you were stopping the metformin?.. taking one medicine to counter the side effects of another when you were willing to stop the first seems a bit crackers to me.

(Medical advice deleted by moderator).

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been prescribed anti nausea tablets in the past not because of metformin but another medication I was and still am taking they worked for me after a while I no longer required them as my system became used to the medication I was taking so I'm unable to say if they will work with metformin or not if you wish to continue with metformin then it can't do much harm to try if your doctor recommends them and thinks it's safe to do so.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SuNuman I do not have experience with anti sickness tablets but I do have experience with the side effects of Metformin. I struggled with them for about a month. I lost more time from work with the side effects in that month than the previous 20 +years of my working life. I gave up taking it and went fully low carb, lost almost 5 stone and put my diabetes into remission. I did take gliclazide for about a month after I stopped metformin.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
@SuNuman I do not have experience with anti sickness tablets but I do have experience with the side effects of Metformin. I struggled with them for about a month. I lost more time from work with the side effects in that month than the previous 20 +years of my working life. I gave up taking it and went fully low carb, lost almost 5 stone and put my diabetes into remission. I did take gliclazide for about a month after I stopped metformin.
Thank you. The anti sickness pill is below my top lip by my gum as we speak (doc originally told me wrong not under tongue). I feel awful. I can’t see the point of metformin as my bloods still high. I’m trying to go low carb and lose the 2 stone I need to. Then hopefully I will b where you are. Thank you. X

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I have been prescribed anti nausea tablets in the past not because of metformin but another medication I was and still am taking they worked for me after a while I no longer required them as my system became used to the medication I was taking so I'm unable to say if they will work with metformin or not if you wish to continue with metformin then it can't do much harm to try if your doctor recommends them and thinks it's safe to do so.
Thank you. X

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Thought you were stopping the metformin?.. taking one medicine to counter the side effects of another when you were willing to stop the first seems a bit crackers to me.
Yes I was going to but my GP not keen. :wideyed: I am worried about my bloods as still in the 9’s 2 hrs after even with the **** metformin. I will keep you all posted. Thank you John, bulkbiker and bildad and everyone. X

(Quote edited by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: coby

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
There are many anti nausea tablets out there. I hope whatever one it is works for you. Does your GP think the Metformin has caused the nausea and has he or she checked to make sure of the cause?
Hi. I think he just thinks it is part and parcel of it. If this tablet works yay then I can concentrate on blood sugars. At the mo I can’t eat anything. Xxxx. Thank you. X

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I think he just thinks it is part and parcel of it. If this tablet works yay then I can concentrate on blood sugars. At the mo I can’t eat anything. Xxxx. Thank you. X
metformin has a tiny effect on your blood sugars.

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I’d be stopping the meds and sod the doc not being keen as they only usually reduce your numbers by 1-2 countering one drug with another to me is counterproductive and well madness.

if you can change your diet not all can but make changes to it for your health

I was spoken down to when I refused metaformin my argument was I’ve IBS and I’d like a life. Went low carb and lost the 2.5 stone I needed

Got burn out for a few reasons and went back low carbing not keto just under 75g a day or less and lost the weight again now trying to stay the weight I am. It’s not the gaining I’m worried over this time it’s the losing still.

good luck now

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I’d be stopping the meds and sod the doc not being keen as they only usually reduce your numbers by 1-2 countering one drug with another to me is counterproductive and well madness.

if you can change your diet not all can but make changes to it for your health

I was spoken down to when I refused metaformin my argument was I’ve IBS and I’d like a life. Went low carb and lost the 2.5 stone I needed

Got burn out for a few reasons and went back low carbing not keto just under 75g a day or less and lost the weight again now trying to stay the weight I am. It’s not the gaining I’m worried over this time it’s the losing still.

good luck now
Yes that’s what I’m worried about. I kno once I eat carefully the weight drops off me. X

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Yes that’s what I’m worried about. I kno once I eat carefully the weight drops off me. X
Aww sorry to hear you are still suffering SuNuman. If that had happened to me then I'm afraid I'd have taken no notice of GP and ditched the pills. I can be very stubborn LOL. Hope you fee better soon. Goodnight x

Reactions: SuNuman

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Aww sorry to hear you are still suffering SuNuman. If that had happened to me then I'm afraid I'd have taken no notice of GP and ditched the pills. I can be very stubborn LOL. Hope you fee better soon. Goodnight x
I’m hoping to feel better tomorrow. Night and thank you. X

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @SuNuman ,

I hope you're feeling better today. I don't know what pill you're on for the nausea, but it kind of sounds like the one they give to people who react badly to cancer treatments and such. I was ill for 3 months, something that happens every now and again. Since I wasn't keeping rather vital medication down, my doc gave me an absolutely disgusting little bitter pill that had to melt in my mouth. You might want to read the leaflet of yours. Mine had rather dire side effects, like brain bleeds and the like. At that point though, I was so sick I didn't quite care what it might do to me. I just wanted to stop puking, and I was all out of options. You, however, are not! :)

So... Check the leaflet. If it's purely to deal with the gastro-intestinal issues brought on by metformin, the cure might be worse than the disease. Just ditch the carbs, and try going without the met for a bit, see what it gets you. Mind you, if you cut carbs hard and fast, you might get carb-flu for a while, which can last up to two weeks. Keep hydrated, up your salts and other electrolytes for a bit (bone broth would help, or supplements), and you'll come out the other end feeling much better. Without the need for metformin, and with improved blood sugars none the less.

Good luck,
Jo

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hey @SuNuman ,

I hope you're feeling better today. I don't know what pill you're on for the nausea, but it kind of sounds like the one they give to people who react badly to cancer treatments and such. I was ill for 3 months, something that happens every now and again. Since I wasn't keeping rather vital medication down, my doc gave me an absolutely disgusting little bitter pill that had to melt in my mouth. You might want to read the leaflet of yours. Mine had rather dire side effects, like brain bleeds and the like. At that point though, I was so sick I didn't quite care what it might do to me. I just wanted to stop puking, and I was all out of options. You, however, are not! :)

So... Check the leaflet. If it's purely to deal with the gastro-intestinal issues brought on by metformin, the cure might be worse than the disease. Just ditch the carbs, and try going without the met for a bit, see what it gets you. Mind you, if you cut carbs hard and fast, you might get carb-flu for a while, which can last up to two weeks. Keep hydrated, up your salts and other electrolytes for a bit (bone broth would help, or supplements), and you'll come out the other end feeling much better. Without the need for metformin, and with improved blood sugars none the less.

Good luck,
Jo
Thank you I do want to try to do this. My doctor told me my bloods after meals should b under 6 - impossible. Yesterday at work I only ate a bag of crisps tiny bag (I felt sick) and 2 hrs after I was 9.something!!!! Once I see lower numbers then I want to stop the metformin. Xx.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Thank you I do want to try to do this. My doctor told me my bloods after meals should b under 6 - impossible. Yesterday at work I only ate a bag of crisps tiny bag (I felt sick) and 2 hrs after I was 9.something!!!! Once I see lower numbers then I want to stop the metformin. Xx.
Buccastem 3mg are the anti sickness pills. X

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Buccastem 3mg are the anti sickness pills. X
SuNuman, does it feel as if the sickness is getting any better, or is it worse? x

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
SuNuman, does it feel as if the sickness is getting any better, or is it worse? x
Hi. Yes last night I went to bed straight from work (9pm) - felt so sick. My husband got the prescription for me and I placed the tablet under my top lip as it said and wow an hour later the sickness had gone. I’m off today so gonna do the same after I eat breakfast now (lay in). Thanks for asking. X.

Reactions: EllieM

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi. Yes last night I went to bed straight from work (9pm) - felt so sick. My husband got the prescription for me and I placed the tablet under my top lip as it said and wow an hour later the sickness had gone. I’m off today so gonna do the same after I eat breakfast now (lay in). Thanks for asking. X.
Fingers crossed then that this is good news! :)