Anxiety

djry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a quick question for everyone my anxiety is off the scale at the moment so I'm trying to change some foods to try and ease my anxiety has anyone tried doing the same I feel lost I'm on setreline 100mg but it is not doing much for so I'm trying anything at the minute I just don't want my blood sugars to rise if I'm changing some foods

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @djry Personally I find exercise is a good way to relieve anxiety, get outside and go for a walk, run or whatever takes your fancy, exercise releases endorphins which will naturally help anxiety and is so important for our well being.

Reactions: djry

djry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find it hard to leave the house half of the time I would love to go the gym but my anxiety is stopping me from doing everyday things

Mark_1

Could you exercise indoors or in the garden? Follow a workout on YouTube inside or rope skipping outside, for instance.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm currently seeing a clinical psychologist to treat my depression and anxiety. I was diagnosed with both in 2012.... although I'm sure I've had both for a long time undiagnosed. They just both got worse because I've been too overwhelmed with health issues. I'm not on a diet for anxiety... although have a restricted diet as it is. I hope you find something that helps. I used to be on sertraline too and I had to be taken off it as had too many anxiety attacks on it and I had the shakes for a week after they took me off it. I wasn't put on it for anxiety though funny enough... I was put on it to try and calm my GI tract and ease pain. I wish you the best. :)

Reactions: Barrowbakers

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @djry - can you speak to your GP about getting some counselling for this anxiety ?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just a quick question for everyone my anxiety is off the scale at the moment so I'm trying to change some foods to try and ease my anxiety has anyone tried doing the same I feel lost I'm on setreline 100mg but it is not doing much for so I'm trying anything at the minute I just don't want my blood sugars to rise if I'm changing some foods

Was the anxiety diagnosed about the same time as your T2?

Can you give us some idea what sort of dietary intake you are on at the moment?

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I had really bad anxiety during the period when my blood glucose levels were not in control, they were fluctuating up and down.

There is a correlation between high or low blood glucose levels and your brain having mental health problems including anxiety.

If you are already on a reduced carbohydrate diet, then you might want to reduce it a bit more.
My experience is that the mental health symptoms dissipate when eating very low carb diet.

Best wishes