Type 2 Any views on accuracy of One Touch Verio meter?

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi. My BS levels have been a bit erratic lately...having been well under control through LCHF. I have used a One Touch Verio meter for months now without problems, but on finding readings up with no obvious cause (and its not the strips as I've change batches), I am wondering if the meter has a problem (which would be a nice reason!). My wife is a nurse and has another meter and my readings on that are consistently lower (eg. 7.5 on the One Touch and 6.5 on hers...and that gap is common). Obviously, I'd love to think it wasn't my BS that was the issue! Clutching at straws probably..but I see quite a lot on line about issues with this meter's accuracy, and that it tends to be too high. Any thoughts?

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a piece of cr*p in my opinion. I switched to my accu-chek Aviva expert as soon as possible.

It was so inaccurate that I had to test twice and average the two readings together.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Thanks for the quick feedback, guys. I'm thinkin of changing to an Accu-check...problem is that my One Touch strips are prescribed...I wonder if I can persuade my doctor.....

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder how each doctor decides which meter and strips to provide. There seems to be a lot of different meters provided. My prescriptions are for the Glucomen Areo for example.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I wonder how each doctor decides which meter and strips to provide. There seems to be a lot of different meters provided. My prescriptions are for the Glucomen Areo for example.

I was given mine on leaving the renal transplant ward after a biopsy and my diagnosis...I reckon that hospital always issues the same one. I'm guessing GPs differ, health boards etc. I just want a degree of accuracy!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Health trusts do deals with suppliers, so you will find that most of the people in one region get the same meter. Where I am on the south coast they are currently handing out the Glucomen LX Plus.