Anybody tried new insulin Friasp yet? Are NHS consultants promoting it?

Dianemacfaden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ugliness
I read about this new insulin on the diabetes.co.uk news page and wondered what any body knew about it. I have had Type 1 since childhood for 48 years and have been on novorapidnfor many years. I still find there is quite some delay before it properly gets into your system and my blood sugars always spike quickly after eating. Has it been mentioned by any diabetes healthcare professionals? It sounds promising and I would be interested in finding out about it.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I read about this new insulin on the diabetes.co.uk news page and wondered what any body knew about it. I have had Type 1 since childhood for 48 years and have been on novorapidnfor many years. I still find there is quite some delay before it properly gets into your system and my blood sugars always spike quickly after eating. Has it been mentioned by any diabetes healthcare professionals? It sounds promising and I would be interested in finding out about it.

There's a thread about it here by the moderator tim2000s who has tried it.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...t-finally-in-the-wild-and-in-my-hands.118276/

I phoned my DSN about it the other day as I'm interested in trying it but was told that they've not prescribed it to anyone yet and the consultants don't seem to have discussed it, so I'm going to have to wait for my next check up at end of May and see if I can wring a prescription out of them. Chemist said they've got it on their system, so they can fill it ok once I've got the scrip.