anyone tried fresh start

master mouse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rude people, state the country is now in, and how diabetes is monitored..
I have been asked to go on this course by my dietician.has anyone else tried this to help them with weight loss?

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was referred to a 4-session local NHS course called Right Start, which included diet advice (one whole session was dedicated to it, plus honourable mentions). The diet advice was based around the Eat Well Plate and I had to bite my tongue really hard throughout (by that time I'd already dropped over a stone through LCHF). The message was that a person with diabetes can eat anything, as long as it was a balanced diet, with many examples of the traffic light packaging system. So, on the whole, that kind of advice did not help me with weight loss. LCHF did (with weight loss and blood glucose control).

However, Fresh Start may not be the same as Right Start...

master mouse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fresh start is what it is called in my area.it does sound like your course.only mine is for 6 weeks,rolling..i am already under the dietician which I see every 12 weeks.so I am going to attempt it and see how I go on,I shall post my progress.

master mouse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If it is the PureFoods Fresh Start diet, then I have a couple friends who went on it but it costs money. It is based on the Glycemic index. Australia has a Glycemic index foundation which you can join for free and many recipes and a newsletter about both prepared foods and ingredients and diabetes research.

Another similar diet is pcrm.org diet which I went on and it worked and the weight stayed off

master mouse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No my diet is called fresh start,run by dieticians assistant and is for 6 weeks.basically its a healthy eating plan and also I have to follow my current diet advice for someone with diabetes.its more finely tuned than the original diet I was given when first diabetic I did manage to loose on that so fingers crossed