anyone tried these

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes i have tried the noodles and the spaghetti they are ok imo little more rubbery than normal spaghetti but when you add the sauce which gives the flavor they are fine. Also got the rice but haven't tried yet but same again i expect the curry i have them with will give them the flavor like normal rice.I will buy them again

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I love them. Top pic is tonight’s dinner, an egg fried “rice” with spicy tofu. The bottom one I made last week with the noodles.

A065BD68-A8FD-49FB-BAB3-64234C6C2EED.jpeg
97231E57-7216-4C0D-9ADF-EBD4D77C84C9.jpeg

Runica

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, that tofu dish looks delectable. I'll take three, please.....

Reactions: LooperCat

Runica

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually, I did try the fettuccine from Holland and Barrett when it was on offer a couple of months ago. I didn't take to it, and threw the entire meal away. First up, I recommend cooking it longer than the packet States (mine was cold) and maybe stir fry it with your meal so it picks up a little more flavour and dries out.

I also found that the smell put me off quite a bit. Recommend you get someone else to do the actual cooking! You deserve it, after all.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I’ll have a look when I’m not being a heat pad/bed for a small stray cat recovering from surgery!

The duties imposed by small cats.
See picture!
Heat pad/bed is a very apt description.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

Hmmm...think I tried something similar.
Per 100 grams they seem to be 4 grams of fibre and 0.2 grams of protein and nothing else of note.
I would recommend something with a strong flavoured sauce as they don't really taste of anything.

I was O.K.(ish) with them but my partner couldn't finish the meal.
Haven't tried them since.
As usual, it is a matter of what suits your taste buds.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some Oomi noodles from Tesco and they were good but when I went back for some more they claimed they had never heard of them! They are made of fish protein but don't taste or smell of fish. Well worth a try if you can get them.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Licklemoose - Do you have a Chinese/Oriental supermarket anywhere nearby? I have tried the Eat Water noodles and they were OK, once in a while, but last I was in the locale, I visited a Korean supermarket and picked up some konjac noodles in there. They were much cheaper for a pack of the same size, but much cheaper.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi Licklemoose - Do you have a Chinese/Oriental supermarket anywhere nearby? I have tried the Eat Water noodles and they were OK, once in a while, but last I was in the locale, I visited a Korean supermarket and picked up some konjac noodles in there. They were much cheaper for a pack of the same size, but much cheaper.

I tried these a few months back but didn't like them so put them out for the birds. Several months later they are still where I put them and haven't changed a bit. Whatever they are made from is rain wind and snow resistant !

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the rice, ordered 20 packs from Holland and Barrett because they were on offer at £1.25 per pack, great with curries. They have very little nutritional value but get my calories from the curry.

Reactions: LooperCat and SueJB

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually, I did try the fettuccine from Holland and Barrett when it was on offer a couple of months ago. I didn't take to it, and threw the entire meal away. First up, I recommend cooking it longer than the packet States (mine was cold) and maybe stir fry it with your meal so it picks up a little more flavour and dries out.

I also found that the smell put me off quite a bit. Recommend you get someone else to do the actual cooking! You deserve it, after all.
The smell is from the liquid the slim water ( Konjac )noodles / fettucine/ spaghetti ) comes in - you need to give them a thorough rinse in cold water before using

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Not so keen on the Slim Rice, but I love the noodles and pasta. They're a bit pongy when you open the packet, but once they're rinsed they're fine. No need to spend a lot of time cooking them either; just heat them through.

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone familiar with tofu? How good is it as low carb diet? How does one prepare it for a meal? Or is it only good as snack?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Is anyone familiar with tofu? How good is it as low carb diet? How does one prepare it for a meal? Or is it only good as snack?
Tofu is really versatile. You can

1. Break it up with a fork and use it like scrambled egg,
2. Whizz it with a blender and season to make a bechamel sauce
3. Press some moisture out (a tofu press is really cheap on eBay etc) and fry it as cubes until crispy
4. Add cubes or strips to soups and broths
5. Whizz it with some sweet flavourings to make a dessert mousse

It’s pretty versatile stuff!

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I tried these a few months back but didn't like them so put them out for the birds. Several months later they are still where I put them and haven't changed a bit. Whatever they are made from is rain wind and snow resistant !
And since they've not been eaten, maybe not fit for human consumption either! IMO anyhow.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
And since they've not been eaten, maybe not fit for human consumption either! IMO anyhow.

Not by this human anyhow but they will fill you up if that's the sensation you need. Then I guess they just pass through you .... Personally when I eat I'm after something I really enjoy and there is so many things which are delicious and low carb!!

Reactions: LouWilk059