anyone tried these

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Let me know how you go on. I really miss mine, especially cold.
Indeed, me too, but the melted butter wouldn't work cold. Maybe whip the double cream? I'm suspicious of artificial sweeteners, but maybe it would taste sweet to us now we are unused to sugar?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Indeed, me too, but the melted butter wouldn't work cold. Maybe whip the double cream? I'm suspicious of artificial sweeteners, but maybe it would taste sweet to us now we are unused to sugar?

Put the butter in straight after cooking, when it is hot? We used to put a fair amount of sugar in ours. I'm not sure how I'd go on without a sweetener.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
To tell you the truth, before I almost never ate pasta or rice and very little bread, but now I can't fill up on fruit or even vegetables, so other foods have gained a new importance for me. And I too do miss rice puddings. In fact, I have wondered about using Slim rice plus melted butter plus cream with cinnamon and nutmeg to fudge up a sort of rice pudding.

No, thanks very much for enquiring, I am eating what seems to me a great deal of fat, but adding in enough fat to compensate for the almost total lack of carbs, as per LCHF, definitely doesn't work for me.
Have you tried homemade chia pudding, really easy and it's got lots of nutritional stuff
I make it with almond milk
Chia Pudding - Chia Seeds Soaked In Coconut Milk With Stevia

1. Servings:
Calories 99 Sodium 15 mg
Total Fat 7 g Potassium 50 mg
Saturated 4 g Total Carbs 12 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 11 g
Monounsaturated 3 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Search our food database by name:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Nice idea. I'd like to do something like that IF I could work out how to post an avatar!
If you click on your name on the top right, you see "Avatar", click on that and upload.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Out of my total daily allowance of 20g carbs, I couldn't use up 12 for a pudding.
Yes but that's for a bucket load. There's no way you could eat even a quarter of that in one go.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Put the butter in straight after cooking, when it is hot?
In my experience, as soon as the rice cools the butter solidifies, which is OK in a savoury dish but would not be right in a rice pudding.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried shirataki noodles after reading about them in a low carb book. The author suggested rinsing them before nuking 2 minutes in the microwave. Rinse again and nuke another two minutes. Drain and add to the dish.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i did the rice yesterday in the slow cooker with leftover chicken and bacon with a slimming world mushroom sauce, cooked all day on high and it was lovely
im going to try the pasta in the slow cooker next time and if it fails ill make a good soup and blitz it

Reactions: LooperCat

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
as long as they light on the swetness and the salt...its fine for me. Ive been trying different vegan foods lately too. Soy meat if prepared correctly can taste good (looks rather nasty) same thing with Tofu meat (this one is a little more expensive); it looks like a block of ham (only white); but with some seasoning its taste fine.
Tofu is fab marinated in whatever seasonings you like and then fried until crispy in coconut oil. A slab makes a passable pizza base too.