Anyone with a low carb Springerle recipe or favorite Christmas cookie recipe?

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
The holiday season is here. Decided I want to dig out the molds and make Springerle cookies this year. The regular ones need time to fully develop their flavor so I would make them weeks in advance, like now. When searching, I couldn’t find any low carb versions. Before I ruin a few batches trying to adapt a traditional recipe, I decided to ask here.

While I’m at it, I thought this would be a good place for any favorite low carb cookie recipes. I don’t know about you, but the next month or so at work will be filled with cookie exchanges or requests to bring a dessert. So, what will you be bringing?

L.C.Lou

The holiday season is here. Decided I want to dig out the molds and make Springerle cookies this year. The regular ones need time to fully develop their flavor so I would make them weeks in advance, like now. When searching, I couldn’t find any low carb versions. Before I ruin a few batches trying to adapt a traditional recipe, I decided to ask here.

While I’m at it, I thought this would be a good place for any favorite low carb cookie recipes. I don’t know about you, but the next month or so at work will be filled with cookie exchanges or requests to bring a dessert. So, what will you be bringing?

L.C.Lou

Did you come up with a good springerli recipe? I'm starting awfully late, I know. Thought of trying a combination of almond, coconut and lupine flour.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you come up with a good springerli recipe? I'm starting awfully late, I know. Thought of trying a combination of almond, coconut and lupine flour.
I’m not familiar with Springerli cookies but having googled it, they look like shortbread. If so try the recipe I posted in my comment above and change the flavouring, I think the dough would work well in a mould