anyone with over 100lbs to lose?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43917
  • Start Date

mpprh

mpprh said:
I'm not in that league but have lost 17kg from my target of 24kg which would result in a weight of 85kg ( 187lb).

I gained weight rapidly when I stopped smoking because of high blood pressure. With the weight came diabetes, cholesterol, etc.

I started by eating virtually no meat and many vegetables, but lost little.

I then switched to a high protein (at least 50% fish) + veg diet. After an initial loss I stayed much the same but with higher muscle mass, and reducing waistline. This continued for 5 months and at that point I had lost 13cm off my waist.

Continuing with the same diet, the weight started to drop off at around 1 - 2 kg per month.

I've recently added a weekly 10km (6mile) walk to the process.

From 109kg (240lb) I am now 91.6kg (202lb)with 22% body fat.

I test fasting glucose each morning and it is also dropping to the extent that my doctor has reduced medicaments (now 2 X 500mg Metaformin daily). My 3 month rolling average is running at 97.2 mg/dl (5.4mmol/l) and HA1bc is 5.4 .

A highish protein, low fat, little carbohydrate diet, now seems to work consistently. Most importantly I now eat smaller portions and drink less beer.

My Doctors view is that even if I need less than 1 metaformin per day, continuing with the medication will result in longer life expectancy.

I'm now 84.0 - 84.5 kg with under 20% body fat and today stopped the single 500mg Metformine I've been on for a few months. My fasting reading has been consistently around 80 (4.4) before taking my tablet.

After lunch the reading was 131 (7.3). Is that normal ?

mpprh

First morning after stopping Metformine and so far so good :

Fasting glucose ....

vendredi 2 août 2013 81
samedi 3 août 2013 79
dimanche 4 août 2013 83
lundi 5 août 2013 83
mardi 6 août 2013 81

SarahBear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I most definitely have 100lbs to loose!

When I was diagnosed with Type 2 in October last year I was just under 24st which is the heaviest I have ever been (I have been overweight for most of my adult life). I hit my 2st loss mark at the end of March but I've been stuck there, or thereabouts, ever since.

I will admit I did get very disheartened during April/May. Even though I was eating healthily (for the most part!) and exercising (mainly walking as it's free!) regularly the weight just wasn't budging. After one week, where I walked 10 miles throughout the week, I actually put weight back on!! Everyone says, "Oh, it's just your muscle building up!" Yeah, I don't want to hear that! And I will admit I kind of gave up after that. I'm just starting to get back on track now but sometimes it is an uphill struggle. Especially when you work in an office where everyone is selling cupcakes for charity every five minutes!!

My aim is still to have lost 5st by the end of this year which makes it 3st to go! *fingers crossed*

1andylock

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sarah weight loss is not a big science its about motivation and being real and true.
We all underestimate the calories we consume and therefore the weight does not budge.
You have to record everything you eat and all your exercise.
I reduced my calorie intake to 1200 per day because i just had to lose weight.
I walked everyday. I counted my calories with myfitnesspal and was really honest and recorded every morsel.
It worked and i lost 1kg per week (2.2lbs) so in the end i lost 35 kg (77lbs). Yes it took time but time we have when we are slimmer.
Now i have reached my goal.
My motivation.......i had the heart attack we all know is around the corner and it nearly killed me. Heart stopped on many occasions.
Dont wait for it to happen. make it work and it will.
When you say "Even though I was eating healthily (for the most part!)" these are the statements that cannot exist if you really want to lose weight it has to be all the time.
It totally consumes your life but the benefits are huge.
And buying new smaller clothes is a fantastic experience, expensive but amazing.
I went from 2Xl to M. Loving it and flexible and full of energy and doing stuff and forgetting that stupid phrase of "i cant do that at my age" or " it because i am not as young as i was".
Really you can beat this.