Are Marmite Flat Breads Ok?

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just starting out on low carb and wondered if these were suitable?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never heard of them, can you give us the recipe?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How many carbs in one?

Only your meter, testing before and after, can answer your question I'm afraid.

D

Deleted Account

Whilst there may be lots of generalisation around what is "good", what "can I eat" and what "should not be eaten", everyone is different in what carbs have an affect on their BG.
If you are eating low carb to manage your BG, the best thing to do is test, try and test.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
C5CD5973-9B14-4EF3-A9C7-315BE5939645.jpeg
Here’s the nutritional info.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it contains Marmite definitely not, Marmite is an aberration and possibly addictive!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At 57 percent carbs they would not be on my menu - but if you can manage to eat them as part of a meal and it doesn't cause untoward spikes then fine - different people react differently to foods.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When starting out I would say go for foods that are ideally less than 5% carb and at worst 10% carb so something that is 57% no way. But that's just me. I would imagine those would perpetuate carb addiction and make it even harder to stop.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No problem with the Marmite it's the bread part that I would have problems with !!!
Carol

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought 5.2g carb wasn't a lot. Compared to a slice of bread, which I'd usually have. And I wasn't sure if flat breads are complex enough carbs to keep things stable

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought 5.2g carb wasn't a lot. Compared to a slice of bread, which I'd usually have. And I wasn't sure if flat breads are complex enough carbs to keep things stable
Ah - complex carbs start to become simple sugars as soon as you put them into your mouth and chew - basic fact of digestion which those who tout the idea of complex carbs seem to ignore entirely.
Carbs raise blood glucose levels, and stability is not something most diabetics associate with them - spikes, elevated blood glucose and sudden hypo sensations are more normal reports.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The app or the flatbread?!
The flatbread! Sounds delicious and with 5.2 grams of carbs per slice not too bad.
It won't be available around here though :( . On the other hand, I had marmite crisps once and they smelled good but tasted boring, so maybe it's the same with the flatbread.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
NOOOOOOO......It's marmite.......just NOOOOOOOO

Sorry to jump in with this useless information :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Ive never had a problem with the small flatbreads sold in supermarkets but there is no one size fits all when it comes to how many carbs someone can eat so the only way for you to find out what you can eat is to test it and see.