1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Arrested for drunk and disorderly

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by s10vsb, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embabe25

Embabe25 · Well-Known Member

No hen! My sugar was high I took some fast acting and ate! You should eat even taking your lantus at night!

I was using it as an example. I have no social life! I have two babies to look after! That was my first outing in nearly a year!

I am a responsible person! I took all my medication and my meter! I wasn't on a bender I was at a party, had a good time and managed this without causing a scene or making a nuisance of myself!

You have 3 bottles of lucozade by your bed to treat your alcohol induced hypos! Jesus Christ! Half a bottle should be enough to sort a hypo!

I was trying to be nice but you're a waste of time and energy!

Good luck on your future nights out! But you keep going the way you are you won't have many!

Em x

2. s10vsb

s10vsb · Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, how old do you think I am?

3. Embabe25

At a guess by your attitude about 20!

Em x

4. s10vsb

So your quote 'from birth' was obviously sarcastic, 20 minus 17 is 3....I'm not attention seeking so stop as you say 'wasting your time and effort by posting' and stop reading and posting.

5. s10vsb

What pointless task? Trying to get the police to have a bs monitor?....or have I missed something?

6. s10vsb

So if they're free, why don't the police have them? As the majority of the posts on here think I can't control my diabetes, I'm curios what the previous post thinks my Hba1c is.

7. s10vsb

You had an all day 'bender', ate when you got home at 1am took 'a little' fast acting insulin which would counteract your snack when you got home and you forgot your lantus and it was 6.0 in the morning...How low would it be if you hadn't eaten and HAD taken your lantus? You've been diabetic for 3 years..14yrs less than me...come back after 17yrs and tell me what your HBa1c is and how many health complications you have had caused by your 'poor controlled' diabetes....My HBa1c is 6.5 AND PROPERLY CONTROLLED, I've got NO complications. I've got a social life and go out with mates...I've monitored my 'drinking' BS for yrs and I know how my sugar works and that's why I take 3 bottles of lucozade to bed with me to stop a hypo and keep it normal all night. Does your positive result in the morning mean that you are going to have an all day session to control your diabetes or are you going to have to go on a 'bender' ever day to get it to normal?

8. Embabe25

Why are you just copy and pasting the same message?

Yes I was being sarcastic! Reading all your posts and the way you behave you do sound like you're a teenager!

As I said before I took a little fast acting to bring my high sugar down slightly from 15. Then ate when I got home to avoid a hypo when my sugar dipped later in the night! I forgot to take my lantus but am on a split dose anyway so really I just took less that day!

Like I said before I don't do benders! I go out once in a blue moon and make sure I'm as controlled as I can be throughout the night!

Also as I said before I hope Durham police force to kit themselves out with free monitors and test everybody that claims to be diabetic before arrest. Maybe the next time you're out on the lash you can get yourself lifted again and put their promise to the test!

Em x

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy · Well-Known Member

Its a pointless task for several reasons. There was no confusion between a hypo and drunkeness - your behaviour was alcohol induced stupidity. The reading they get will be pretty pointless as you have already stated that youd have needed 3 bottles of lucozade - if they got a reading of 15 it wouldnt be in the handbook to reach for glucose. Also, they would be duty bound to call a doctor anyway.

Listen, if the arrest had been in any way wrongful or they hadnt called a doctor, if your behaviour had been 'normal' or if anything bad had happened; then it is likely they would take action. Given the circumstances this will be filed in the 'obnoxious and unable to accept blame for stupidity' file...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

10. martwolves

martwolves Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This is the most arrogant, self-satisfying post I have ever read. Will someone lock this please?

Being a drunkard is not clever and stupid if you are diabetic.

Total out of control chancer, who still can't see the point that they were very fortunate.

13 pages (on my BB) of dross, apart from the respondees. I'm loving the ball bag comment more and more.

FACT- (To OP/Alkie) YOU WERE IN THE WRONG. That is all.

Lots of love

Mart.

(Happy boozing this morning, hic)

11. izzzi

izzzi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well put Mart.

Not to mention the OP was also on "medication for epilepsy, high blood pressure, underactive thyroid and pyrisis,"
    Rehab comes to mind !
    I think this OP needs more help than was first thought.

I hope she comes to terms with her self inflicted problems, and the police consider her advice and act accordingly.

Roy. :)

12. Faith*

Faith* · Well-Known Member

This is absolutely pathetic - I've been reading all this for what feels like absolute weeks and weeks!!

As stated before if your control was so "Perfect then why this.......

I've absolutely given up. I praise you for trying to introduce a better way of testing diabetics sugars in the police custordy but seriously this has gone on far too long. You have your opinion of what went on and your beliefs that you are well controlled but letting yourself get into a state whereby you got arrested is OBVIOUS PROOF THAT YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL.

as Mart said lock this - becoming ridiculous and no one is listening to anyone!!

13. mickey121

mickey121 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A better way to get the police to have some form of metering procedure would be to approach the local police commisioner in an official manner with facts to back up the reasoning and do it sober not on a drunken binge

14. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi All .

I have 2 options here with this thread .

Clean up edit out the argued heated posts , leave the thread still open for more reasoned discussion .

Lock it - thus ending all debate's on this now rather circular subject .

Let me know what you want - and it will be done .

Thanks Anna.

15. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Lock it ! People have their own opinions which won't change ! This thread is going nowhere.

16. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Okay it is being locked Guys/Gals.

Anna.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook