Baby Steps

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Excellent letter,Tubs. We will await with baited breath the reply from the Minister of Health!

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
sugarless sue said:
Excellent letter,Tubs. We will await with baited breath the reply from the Minister of Health!

I'm not bating my breath :wink:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Well I couldn't say holding our breath otherwise we'd all be blue and cold by the time there is a reply.

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
Well done for sending the e-mail and let's hope there is a positive outcome (ever the optimist).
I was diagnosed type 2 three and a half years ago. Up to now I am managing to control imy diabetes by diet - readings are not as good as some members on this site usually around 7.0. My doctor will not agree to supplying test strips (I have asked on several occasions). A couple of times I have bought test strips and monitored for about ten days but the strips are too expensive to use on a regular basis. I logged my daily food intake and matched this to the bg readings and found it helpful in planning meals. What would be of real benefit is to test on a regular basis and more important to see what my bg levels are on the days when I feel, for want of a better word, ****.

Don't know what has happened to the petition that the administrator was sending to gov. regarding test strips!

Val

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Bob!
I wrote a similar letter to my MP a few months back and was eventually sent a reply from the Hospital. (I've never been seen at eh hospital diabetic clinic) I'm still battling for testing. I'd settle for 1 pack of strips per month. I've just made the appointment to go see the GP about it again 31st Oct. He's a popular man.
Was lovely to meet you yesterday and have a face to put to the name.Hope your appointment went well today.
Hana

Trinkwasser

tubolard said:
I hold out little help of anything practical either but despite his many faults my MP is a damned good constituency MP.

I've just read a presentation regarding the results of the DiGEM study http://www.primarycare.ox.ac.uk/research/vascular/staff/research/publications/adadigempres and it isn't good news for type 2s and whether testing helps with BG control.

Check out some of the responses to the original paper

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/eletters/335/7611/132

The original pro-SMBG paper by Kaiser Permanente is here

http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=k ... tnG=Search

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
When we met, Tubs, I noticed that your jeans look like they once belonged to a bigger man. Well done!