Back on the wagon - again!

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I took my eye off the ball the past few weeks while coming to terms with my asthma diagnosis, and getting used to the meds etc.

My fasting bloods are now in double figures, and getting back under 10 during the day is a struggle.

I did a 24 hour fast yesterday, and am going back to basics.

So much for medical people telling me I am cured this is proof that I am not!

Mind you, I didn't believe them anyway.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ps I am surprised at how quickly my blood sugar figures have gone up. Even at diagnosis they were not this high

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
It's the festive season. We all fall off the wagon at this time of year. Well done on the 24 hours fast and for controlling your blood sugars by diet only. It's bewildering that the medical professionals think you're cured.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done getting back on track. Need to do a bit of that myself.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ps I am surprised at how quickly my blood sugar figures have gone up. Even at diagnosis they were not this high

A big well done, Lucy.

Please don't be so hard on yourself. As I understand it, you had a couple of very distressing bereavements along with way, which have likely also had an impact on those bloods.

For me, stress can really start my bloods jangling a bit. Hang on in there.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi lucylocket,

I remember some of your previous posts. I think that having had the year you had this year- even without the asthma diagnosis you had a lot to deal with.

Congratulations on getting back on the wagon- a whole lot harder than falling off.

I know that you know that it won't take long for the figures to drop again. Now that your asthma is actually been g treated that should help once your body gets used to being low carb again.

good luck with it- your presence on this site is so helpful it's good that you are back on the wagon!

Reactions: Krystyna23040

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
diabetes sucks, even having a cold can spike sugar . I hate it I really do .

Hope you get the asthma under control .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find if I have a cold, cough, or other virus the asthma soon spirals out of control. Then the need for more meds sends the blood glucose levels soaring. Add into the mix being less than vigilant about what I eat and drink, and it can seem like an insurmountable problem. Only thing for it is to tighten up on foods and drink again. It can take a few weeks to get back on track, so hang in there @lucylocket61 . You can sort this.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@lucylocket61

Well done for getting back on this. You've clearly done amazingly well, especially considering your recent circumstances. You're an inspiration, truly :)

I'm 'back on the wagon' as of midnight tonight and need to keep you in mind when I find the going gets tough.

Take care and Happy New Year to everyone. May 2020 be a good year ...