Balanitis in Men.

A

Anonymous

and there speaks a man who has just got back from his hols..

where does one put the fermented vegetables I wonder??

nicoli

As far as I understand bilanitis and yeast infection are two different things?
http://yeast-infection-in-men.com/
And where can you get those fermented vegetables?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Going back to yoghurt - live sheep or goat's yoghurt, inside AND out. :wink:

It works for us girls - can't see why you blokes should be any different. :D

Just don't wander round the urinals with an open pot in your hand . . . :lol: :wink:

Viv 8)

WhitbyJet

LOL @ Viv :lol:

nicoli - welcome to the forum

You can make fermented vegetables yourself, quite cheaply, go to youtube and search for fermented vegetables or sauerkraut, also look for kefir on youtube.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
viviennem said:

Just don't wander round the urinals with an open pot in your hand . . . :lol: :wink:

Viv 8)

Just remember not to put the pot back in the fridge when you've finished dipping...

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
borofergie said:
viviennem said:

Viv 8)

Just remember not to put the pot back in the fridge when you've finished dipping...
I dunno though-I used to like cottage cheese back in the day. :crazy:

But seriously,I was a club member too! I feel your pain!

hallii

It is a fact that partners canl both "share" a yeast or fungal infection of the genitals.

Treating one but not the other simply results in repeated infections.

Ask your doc. about both having the treatment. It might help.

H

Ricky 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm suffering very badly with candida balanitis been to GP he gave me one pill Fluconazole and some cream I hope to god that it works nearly pulled it off this morning the itchiness inside the tip of the urethra is extremely painful and feels like something is crawling inside the tip he said it was quite common with diabetes I dunno I'm still a newbie

Reactions: Al60733
B

Bryce74

If it is yeast or fungal infections (higher risk in diabetes) and if it keeps coming back, you could consider circumcision.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Ricky 2 - what are your blood sugar levels at? Lowering those can help.

brianmt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, old wives tale time. I suffered with this before being diagnosed and the cream did work, but it came back time and time again, then I came across an old wives's remedy
Start te day off with a glass of lemon juice, It neautralises the acid in the stomach, it worked almost instantly for me
I used to put a couple of lemons in a litre or so of water and drink that through out the day. Now for convienience I buy a bottle of PLJ ( pure lemon juice) from the supermarket and use that.
I also take a high dose of vitamin C which breaks down the acid crystals already in the system. It works for me

Ricky 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ricky 2 - what are your blood sugar levels at? Lowering those can help.
Hi sorry took so long to answer my blood sugar avg 7.5 over a week, it did go away for about five days then came back saw doctor again gave me the same tablet again that was a few days ago so far I'm ok just keep me fingers crossed.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hope the medication sorts it out. Keeping sugars low should reduce risk of it coming back.

Al60733

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I’m soooo glad I came across this thread. I keep getting it. I’ve had the tablet the cream. I’m washing constantly. But keeps coming back. Sex life is out the window. Itching and red and sore. I’m not a great t2 but I’m starting to try and take control now. Everyone keeps saying get the bloods right and it will stop. So here I go. Hopefully it will stop.

Ricky 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm back again had a second Fluconazole pill as the first one worked well for a week now a week after second one its back with a vengeance my blood sugars are ok just been back to GP and once again he gave me some cream same one as I had before although he disputed this!! I begged him for the Fluconazole again but he wouldn't give me it even though I was stood in front of him pulling at my winkie he did take a swab and make me an appointment for next week Ill post the outcome meanwhile I'm off to use some cream !!

Ricky 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi today I was given the results of the swab it showed an infection when cultured so I was give antibiotics one twice a day for seven days they were called Ciprofloxacin 500mg will post after a week if they work.. also prior to this was given
Hydrocortisone 1% / Miconazole 2% cream after a short while that gave me relief of the itching hope this helps anyone else who is having a similar issue.

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thrush is the infection, balanitis is the inflammation it causes, as I understand it. I've had it off an on for years. Clotrimazole is the generic name if you want to buy it over the counter, quite cheaply (£2-3 a tube). I had the cream for months, then Fluconazole too. Eventually I got it under cntrol after going on keto diet and controlling my BG much better.

My theory is that bread consumption feeds it, especially the mass-produced variety; it's to do with the Chorleywood Baking Process, which uses twice the necessary amount of yeast and enables them to bake loaves twice as fast, or something like that. I remember reading about it in Dr Lustig's book.

Anyway, we went away on holiday last week, and as my levels got worse, it came back again. And intercourse always sets it off! **** it!