Bariatric surgery reduces the risk of heart attack

Cowboyjim

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice find - thanks for sharing. Especially interesting as they mention the Deudenum. I've been reading up on this lately after a steer from another forum member...

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Isnt this just stating the obvious, surely if you have bariatric surgery you will loose weight and if you loose weight you will lessen the risk of heart attack....

Hardly a revelation I would have thought or have I missed something?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
C'mon Sid - skinny people have heart attacks too. How many times have you heard of super fit people keeling over?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Skinny people dont have weight loss surgery Patch it is only offered to morbidly obese people who are at much greater risk of heart failure, surely the whole point of weight loss surgery is to achieve weight loss which in turn will take the strain off a persons heart that obesity causes.

But I'm sure you knew that already :roll: