1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Basal insulins

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Osidge, May 26, 2016.

1. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

2. Struma

Struma Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this link - an excellent topic.

Could you just confirm please Doug, is this an audio only recording? I'm unable to get any picture. Thanks.

3. Osidge

Retired Moderator

Sorry it was only an an audio MP3 file. Slides are also available but am on my mobile in Rome and I could not do that.

Regards

Doug

4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

The guy in the audio. Who is he and what are his credentials...??

not knocking you @Osidge , but in the real world? I don't see a U300 performing like that.. A U100 Glargine is tricky enough.... Really? No change in or lower nocturnal hypoglycaemia with a U300??
    I may be wrong? But with the struggling beta cells & spasmodic insulin resistance of a T2? (not to mention of some T2s taking metformin aswell highlighted in the audio too..?) It would be like a constant "honeymoon period". There was no mention of modifying the carb intake either....? ;)
    One case study was a "busy" T2 woman taking over twice the amount in U300 of the same insulin I take as a T1 in U100.. (Just like I do, bed time dose.)' I'm surprised she ain't in a coma let alone waking from her nocturnal hypos & she's only testing twice a day???

In short. Who is the guy doing the audio..?

#4 Jaylee, May 29, 2016 at 3:19 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  5. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

It feels like there's an awful lot missing from the presentation, without seeing the slides. Does anyone know where we can find the full presentation?

@Osidge , could you please provide a link to the full presentation when you have adequate access? Thank you.

6. Osidge

Retired Moderator

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook