Basal insulins

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for posting this link - an excellent topic.

Could you just confirm please Doug, is this an audio only recording? I'm unable to get any picture. Thanks.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Sorry it was only an an audio MP3 file. Slides are also available but am on my mobile in Rome and I could not do that.

Regards

Doug

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The guy in the audio. Who is he and what are his credentials...??

not knocking you @Osidge , but in the real world? I don't see a U300 performing like that.. A U100 Glargine is tricky enough.... Really? No change in or lower nocturnal hypoglycaemia with a U300??
I may be wrong? But with the struggling beta cells & spasmodic insulin resistance of a T2? (not to mention of some T2s taking metformin aswell highlighted in the audio too..?) It would be like a constant "honeymoon period". There was no mention of modifying the carb intake either....? ;)
One case study was a "busy" T2 woman taking over twice the amount in U300 of the same insulin I take as a T1 in U100.. (Just like I do, bed time dose.)' I'm surprised she ain't in a coma let alone waking from her nocturnal hypos & she's only testing twice a day???

In short. Who is the guy doing the audio..?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It feels like there's an awful lot missing from the presentation, without seeing the slides. Does anyone know where we can find the full presentation?

@Osidge , could you please provide a link to the full presentation when you have adequate access? Thank you.